Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreannaSkye View Post
Indeed, the galaxy bridges have alot of texture issues. Upside down logos and other things, just overall poor console texturing.
That's been a problem with the bridges almost since the first ones sold.

You'd think paid premium content would at least get something vaguely resembling the QA passes the whole game should get, but nooooooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
S_Wall is one of the devs responsible for ship interiors. So is Mapolis. So yes, I do know that there are devs responsible for this stuff. Look at their posts in this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...mapolis&page=9
Ah goody. Now I know who to blame when the awfully self-contradictory scaling of my ship's interior elements gives me vertigo. It may be a bit gauche, but... I really don't respect or appreciate their work, and the constant string of sloppy hackjobs suggests to me that either they don't take any pride at all in their work or they keep getting forced to push the roughest drafts live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
The problem comes in with the CStore team that is apparently not answerable to the main team, or indeed to anyone that I can see. The marketing department seems to be clinically insane and filled with second string programmers and a bunch of Ferengi doing the pricing.

Supposedly, dstahl has no control whatever over the marketing department or the CStore team so, I would not be surprised in the slightes if it was never fixed.
Well... the comments made by Cryptic-Ivan (the forum handle of Cryptic's director of Marketing and Communications) suggest that he neither knows nor cares what he's doing with the Communications side and is extraordinarily myopic on the Marketing side, so I think that's an insult to any clever and capable Ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post

You'd think paid premium content would at least get something vaguely resembling the QA passes the whole game should get, but nooooooo...
I believe it is a different QA team too.

Yeah, I get the impression that Cryptic-Ivan is rather apathetic about what goes on with communication or how the customer base feels about marketing's actions. Communication is anathema to some of these guys.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-14-2010, 11:44 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the galaxy bridge pack and continue to voice that often. Thus far the only real reaction I've gotten was a refusal to refund c-store purchases. That's ok, I don't mind. Alienating a customer over a dollar doesn't seem very smart to me, but I'm not the marketing genius that's behind the c-store and its contents.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I was pretty disappointed with the galaxy bridge pack and continue to voice that often. Thus far the only real reaction I've gotten was a refusal to refund c-store purchases. That's ok, I don't mind. Alienating a customer over a dollar doesn't seem very smart to me, but I'm not the marketing genius that's behind the c-store and its contents.
how was you disappointed with it ? though the justice bridge was great but then again if your expecting the outdated standard galaxy bridge i guess it's not as good
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
how was you disappointed with it ? though the justice bridge was great but then again if your expecting the outdated standard galaxy bridge i guess it's not as good
Upside down textures, blank screens on consoles, no MSD (not that that's a huge deal, it's just the other packs had led me to expect at least 1 of them would have an MSD)
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
For those who have an interest in using the "Intrepid" bridge variants, devs, do you ever plan on fixing it so the helm officers can sit down, the officers working on the column and at the 2 story computer bank at the aft of the bridge can stand on the floor instead of the air and give the captain's chair a place to actually sit on the seat instead of in the air above the armrests?

(Perhaps even make the captain's chair like the intrepid style bridges available in science ships. Lower it to the floor, add the railing behind it and add a second seat for the first officer instead of giving us a throne?)
I'm sure they'll fix it whenever they get around to making proper sitting tech for, you know, us captains.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Upside down textures, blank screens on consoles, no MSD (not that that's a huge deal, it's just the other packs had led me to expect at least 1 of them would have an MSD)
well sto lcars is pretty much the same windows pasted over and over but i never seen any blank consoles
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Bleeeeeah, yeah. After seeing them as purchased by a friend, there's not a chance I'd get them. And I basically shelled out for every previous Fed bridge, fool I am.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreannaSkye View Post
Indeed, the galaxy bridges have alot of texture issues. Upside down logos and other things, just overall poor console texturing.
The main problem i have with the galaxy bridges is the fact I have to use the com system to give orders to change heading. Seems the scale is a bit TOO large.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:

If they would put them into tribble to try they would get active feedback (if they actually did anything with the feedback they get) and more sales if people liked what they saw.

Then again, perhaps they realise that the stuff they've made is awash with mediocrity and are hoping to get sales based on people not realising what a **** job they've done.

Quote:
Ah goody. Now I know who to blame when the awfully self-contradictory scaling of my ship's interior elements gives me vertigo. It may be a bit gauche, but... I really don't respect or appreciate their work, and the constant string of sloppy hackjobs suggests to me that either they don't take any pride at all in their work or they keep getting forced to push the roughest drafts live.
I think it's the former rather than the latter. No pride in their work and not actual fans of Star Trek. I still feel that you'd need a Geiger counter, a sniffer dog and a TV Psychic to find any actual Star Trek fans in the Cryptic offices that aren't CapnLogan.

The lack of an actual dev response here just goes to affirm the "We don't take any pride in our work and don't care what you think of it." feeling that I'm getting, here. I have absolutely no confidence in any more of the interior content, especially that placed for real world cash in the C-Store and feel that others should re-consider patronising the C-Store for bridges and future interior content.

Note to the mods: If you are /actually/ reading this and just waiting for a rule breaker instead of maybe giving us some sort of positive feedback, the above is not an encouragement to boycott, simply a request to reconsider future purchases based on this new trend with bridges.
Closed Thread