Captain
# 1031
09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
That horrible, horrible movie?
I didn't think Nemesis was that bad. As the last TNG movie? Yeah they could have done much better. (Particularly considering how the TV show ended) Then again, I hated Insurrection.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1032
09-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
I do not know what I will do after the Journey ends maybe play more STO or start watching a new TV series. Anyone have any recommendations of what to watch? I am currently thinking of watching all 9 seasons of NCIS.
Thank you for joining me and helping along the way, ltsmith As for what's next for me, I'm going to watch it all again. BACKWARDS!

JK I think Firefly and Dr. Who are in the running.

Can't believe I'll make my final episode post tomorrow. What a journey.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 1033
09-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I think most fans went to the stargate franchise after star trek went off especially since most of the actors had a few episodes in stargate after they got cancelled.. that and warehouse 13 which I am loving right now with Brent Spiner playing the villain (Edit: You can just feel the character Lore when he plays him too LOL)
john de lancie, robert picardo stand out more then the rest although i do not remember that many trek actors appearing that often in stargate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I highly recommend the "9 seasons of NCIS" (Season 10 starts on September 25th). I've watched NCIS from beginning to the most recent episode, and have enjoyed each and every episode. My favorite character is definitely 'Gibbs', and if you watch the show, you may understand why

NCIS is technically a spin-off from 'JAG', where it was introduced as a 2-parter in it's 8th Season (titled Ice Queen/Meltdown), which introduces most of the characters of NCIS. With NCIS now heading into it's 10th Season, the question comes down to, will NCIS be able to run longer than it's predecessor did? I think it will, given the popularity of the show, and it's constant growth in viewership numbers over the 9 seasons so far. Most shows tend to diminish over time, while NCIS has managed to hold steady or improve viewer numbers.

The first actual NCIS episode (Yankee White), is totally a ripoff on the movie 'Air Force One'.
going off topic a little, i found Callen - Hanna concept funny at times like Deeks not thinking and ending up with an elbow from Blye. but NCIS itself? Dinozzo, i just liked this casual buzzing about, always ending up being the butt end of his own jokes and sometimes he can be a real pain in the neck, other times he is very serious and be the teammate you want. Mallard once stated that he can see alot of Gibbs in Dinozzo when he was younger, so will anything change coming into season 10? i hope not.
Captain
# 1034
09-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thank you for joining me and helping along the way, ltsmith As for what's next for me, I'm going to watch it all again. BACKWARDS!

JK I think Firefly and Dr. Who are in the running.

Can't believe I'll make my final episode post tomorrow. What a journey.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
As I suggested earlier, Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis (plus movies) would be a good idea. Stargate: Universe, not so much.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 1035
09-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Suggestions for other Series to watch if you haven't already:

Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (Original or Remake, take your pick)
Stargate The Movie + SG-1 + Atlantis + Infinity (Animated Series) + Universe
Farscape
Firefly ( + Serenity Movie )
Andromeda

(be aware that the script writers of Andromeda had to be smoking something in every 2nd Episode, there is an awesome everything overreaching story arc and character development evolving, but you just have to suffer through the ...*odd* episodes that make no sense at all, the art style is also rather unique, i wouldn't watch it a 2nd time but in the end i liked it.)
Lt. Commander
# 1036
09-23-2012, 02:36 AM
my favorite characters on Stargate are Shepard and O'Neill. just for the pure comical value they present from time to time... then you got that annoying character, Mackay... LOL!.
Empire Veteran
# 1037
09-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
john de lancie, robert picardo stand out more then the rest although i do not remember that many trek actors appearing that often in stargate.
Besides the 2 you mentioned that have been in both series either as a main character, re-occurring actor there was...

Armin Shimerman (Quark) (He played a member of the Nox)

Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi) (She played a Russian Scientist)

Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay) (The Gamekeeper)

Rene Auberjonois (Odo) (Alar the leader of the Genocidal Race)

Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) (Ishta Leader of the Female Rebel Jaffa)

John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox) (Coombs)

Ronny Cox (Captain Jellico) (Senator Kinsey)

Tony Amendola (Was only in the Episode of Voyager: The Muse) (Bra'tak)

Connor Trineer (Tripp) (Michael the Wraith)

Colm Meaney (Chief O'Brien) (Cowen from the Genii)

Nicole Deboer (Ezri Dax) (SG team member of the all female SG team)

Saul Rubinek (Kivas Fajo) (Film Producer) & (another favorite artie from warehouse 13)

Alan Ruck (Captain of Enterprise B) (Dr Adam Fletcher on the Atlantis Episode: The Real World)

Okay and I may have missed some actors but if so not many but all these people were involved with Star Trek at some point and were later in one of the StarGate series
Starfleet Veteran
# 1038
09-23-2012, 04:47 AM
I would like to point out that unlike a number of other sci-fi series, Stargate SG-1 + Atlantis is on Netflix.

@greendragoon
Lt. Commander
# 1039
09-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Besides the 2 you mentioned that have been in both series either as a main character, re-occurring actor there was...

Armin Shimerman (Quark) (He played a member of the Nox)

Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi) (She played a Russian Scientist)

Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay) (The Gamekeeper)

Rene Auberjonois (Odo) (Alar the leader of the Genocidal Race)

Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) (Ishta Leader of the Female Rebel Jaffa)

John Billingsley (Dr. Phlox) (Coombs)

Ronny Cox (Captain Jellico) (Senator Kinsey)

Tony Amendola (Was only in the Episode of Voyager: The Muse) (Bra'tak)

Connor Trineer (Tripp) (Michael the Wraith)

Colm Meaney (Chief O'Brien) (Cowen from the Genii)

Nicole Deboer (Ezri Dax) (SG team member of the all female SG team)

Saul Rubinek (Kivas Fajo) (Film Producer) & (another favorite artie from warehouse 13)

Alan Ruck (Captain of Enterprise B) (Dr Adam Fletcher on the Atlantis Episode: The Real World)

Okay and I may have missed some actors but if so not many but all these people were involved with Star Trek at some point and were later in one of the StarGate series
haha! brainfade for that. thank you and +1 to you .
Starfleet Veteran
# 1040
09-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
haha! brainfade for that. thank you and +1 to you .
Was on Netflix. last I checked both were now only on Amazon prime, not Netflix. has Netflix put it back up?