Lt. Commander
# 1041
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thank you for joining me and helping along the way, ltsmith As for what's next for me, I'm going to watch it all again. BACKWARDS!

JK I think Firefly and Dr. Who are in the running.

Can't believe I'll make my final episode post tomorrow. What a journey.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
No problem for the help and wow it may seem very cliche; but it does seem just like yesterday the Journey was started. I highly recommend Firefly that will last you 2 weeks then and also watch Serenity it is the movie that ties up the show. As for NCIS I have seen them all released as they come out on TV since the show started in 2003; but I am thinking of re-watching the older seasons up to now. I have also seen every episode of Stargate SG-1 Atlantis and Universe in all I like the entire series.

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1042
09-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Episode 734 - Abrams Movie Era - "Star Trek" - 05/08/2009

Quote:
The greatest adventure of all time begins with Star Trek, the incredible story of a young crew's maiden voyage onboard the most advanced starship ever created: the U.S.S. Enterprise. On a journey filled with action, comedy and cosmic peril, the new recruits must find a way to stop an evil being whose mission of vengeance threatens all of mankind. The fate of the galaxy rests in the hands of bitter rivals. One, James Kirk (Chris Pine), is a delinquent, thrill-seeking Iowa farm boy. The other, Spock (Zachary Quinto), was raised in a logic-based society that rejects all emotion. As fiery instinct clashes with calm reason, their unlikely but powerful partnership is the only thing capable of leading their crew through unimaginable danger, boldly going where no one has gone before.
It is with mixed emotions that I announce that this post brings us to the end of "Star Trek: The Journey". I want to thank all of those who have followed along with me these past 2 years, those who have discussed the various episodes in this thread, and those who are in process or just starting their own Journey. Words can not express how amazing this experience was and how big of a void my days are going to have without it.

It's crazy to look back at how far we've come. The thread was started in August of 2010, just several months after STO launched. Since then, so many things have happened in the world and my life, including the amazing opportunity I now have working on STO. It was also hard to imagine that I would make it all the way through, due to the commitment it required. Yes, there were plenty of days that had gaps between episodes, but in the end, we made it. We watched 734 "episodes", including 11 movies and 30 seasons. Absolutely incredible.

Enjoy ST 2009, and farewell "Star Trek: The Journey"!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 1043
09-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Episode 734 - Abrams Movie Era - "Star Trek" - 05/08/2009

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that this post brings us to the end of "Star Trek: The Journey". I want to thank all of those who have followed along with me these past 2 years, those who have discussed the various episodes in this thread, and those who are in process or just starting their own Journey. Words can not express how amazing this experience was and how big of a void my days are going to have without it.

It's crazy to look back at how far we've come. The thread was started in August of 2010, just several months after STO launched. Since then, so many things have happened in the world and my life, including the amazing opportunity I now have working on STO. It was also hard to imagine that I would make it all the way through, due to the commitment it required. Yes, there were plenty of days that had gaps between episodes, but in the end, we made it. We watched 734 "episodes", including 11 movies and 30 seasons. Absolutely incredible.

Enjoy ST 2009, and farewell "Star Trek: The Journey"!
And thus ends Star Trek: The Journey

"Space. The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Last edited by voporak; 09-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Lieutenant
# 1044
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Gratz Brandon. Have had fun watching the journey for two years and thanks for sharing it with us.

Jahner
Career Officer
# 1045
09-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Its been a pleasure sharing this journey with you Brandon. I for one look forward to continuing the journey though STO.

But your journey is not exactly done yet. The new Star Trek Movie is due out next year. You could also include the Comic series and Namco-Bandai game that also encompass the extended universe in the 09 reboot cannon.
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Empire Veteran
# 1046
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
haha! brainfade for that. thank you and +1 to you .
Your Welcome Yeah I'm pretty much a huge fan of both series... I'm just disappointed being that most of my favorite Star Trek actors were apart of Stargate that now we have neither a Star Trek or Stargate Series going
Starfleet Veteran
# 1047
09-23-2012, 04:52 PM
You should at least finish the journey off with "Where No Fan Has Gone Before".
Captain
# 1048
09-23-2012, 08:16 PM
You're looking at it the wrong way, Bran.

Open up STO, start a new character, begin from the tutorial. You're now caught up.

Reach the end of STO content, jump into the foundry, then make a few missions yourself.

The Journey's never over.
Commander
# 1049
09-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
[...] Dr. Who are in the running.
[...]
33 Seasons should keep you occupied a bit. Sadly earlier parts of it don't exist even in the BBC archives anymore.
Captain
# 1050
09-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
my favorite characters on Stargate are Shepard and O'Neill. just for the pure comical value they present from time to time... then you got that annoying character, Mackay... LOL!.
I personally like the combination of McKay and... well, just about anybody?

But yeah, O'Neill wins the "Funniest Character" award in the Stargate franchise.

"In the middle of my back swing!?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.