Lt. Commander
What should I do If a player goes as far as threatening me and my family referring to me by my real name that he obtained by stalking my online ID, and telling me that I should look into police custody? Ive had minor disputes and arguments online before that I'd rather avoid altogether but I think that kind of a threat is taking it a bit too far. I sent a "request GM" ticket and put him on ignore but I havent heard from a GM yet. I'm pretty sure there has to be some policy in place for that. I'm sure that guy will find this post too. Guess he accomplished what he set out to do and killed my enjoyment of the game this evening.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I refer you to this stickied thread:

Important Information Regarding Real-Life Threats
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for showing me that but this was in game PM's that I got. not on the forums. It kinda had me boilin so I logged out. Should I log back in to get in touch with a GM? Will they be able to recover the chat log?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost45 View Post
Thanks for showing me that but this was in game PM's that I got. not on the forums. It kinda had me boilin so I logged out. Should I log back in to get in touch with a GM? Will they be able to recover the chat log?
Log back in and try, also use the report function instead of ignoring, cancel the ignore and see if they send more pms to you and then use report. report sends text from the person being reported to the system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure how long they keep chat logs but they will probably still have the ones you need, contact a gm with the date and time of the threats so they can better narrow down if they do have chat logs and if it happens again make sure you keep your own record of them. It also wouldn't be a terrible idea to contact the police- this probably is just someone being -insert phrase here- on the internet, but you don't know for sure and it would be better to do what you can to stay safe: especially if you have certain information available on the internet somewhere.

If this happens again: don't respond, just take down a copy of what is said, save it, report and ignore.
Then do your best to forget about it for a while and enjoy yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-14-2010, 06:06 PM
DStahl had also posted previously that any form of in-game harrassment will be dealt with seriously, just use the report option.

If this person is truly making threats, I doubt it will be for long.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah I wouldnt be on here if someone was just sayin stuff like "I'm gonna find you and kick your ass". Thanks for the responses guys. I checked my ignore list and it says he's offline. I couldnt find record of my old GM ticket so I sent a new one and will wait for a bit. I put the time down. I still cant find records of submitted tickets that aren't bug reports.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost45 View Post
Yeah I wouldnt be on here if someone was just sayin stuff like "I'm gonna find you and kick your ass". Thanks for the responses guys. I checked my ignore list and it says he's offline. I couldnt find record of my old GM ticket so I sent a new one and will wait for a bit. I put the time down. I still cant find records of submitted tickets that aren't bug reports.
if you go into the tickets section in game they should all be there, but as always: take down the ticket number and post in the forums for a quicker response. in the mean time, try and do something to relax yourself and take your mind off it- it's probably not worth worrying about it so, i dunno: crack out a shooter game or something and go to town till it's out of your mind for now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrshran View Post
if you go into the tickets section in game they should all be there, but as always: take down the ticket number and post in the forums for a quicker response. in the mean time, try and do something to relax yourself and take your mind off it- it's probably not worth worrying about it so, i dunno: crack out a shooter game or something and go to town till it's out of your mind for now.
Unfortunately, behavior reports won't show in your list of tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Cool thx. I took the ticket number down. Its still not in my submitted tickets section but in order to hopefully talk to a GM I'm just doin an STF right now. Were u suggesting poting the ticket number on here??
I'm cool at the moment. Just kinda have a bitter taste in my mouth over this.