Originally Posted by Mike_Koder
Great minds think alike, AtomicFB.
and fools rarely differ <3
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
...In the end, people are free to set whatever price they choose and thats the way it should be. If you don't want to pay that much, don't buy it. It may take longer to progress, but you can easily grind for decent items too....
The problem with this is that if beginners and casuals players can't compete in PvP and Fleet actions because they can't afford the better equipment, your going to end up driving them away from STO. And I take it, that STO has a greater reliance on casual players then other Online MMRPG that are out there... The massive amount of price speculation on the Exchange is at the detriment of beginner and casual players, and ultimately to STO as well...
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
But the only people who can afford it are those who play the game enough to have already earned it themselves.

So, why?
Because those people with credits to burn will spend them to gear up their alts. It's easier than grinding their alts through explorations time and time again the way they did on the way up with their main.

Quote:
Devs-
Perhaps a ceiling on certain items would be nice. Something to prevent the 15,999,999 price I saw earlier tonight. That's just insultingly stupid.
Not gonna happen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The problem with this is that if beginners and casuals players can't compete in PvP and Fleet actions because
The new patch on tribble addresses the PVP part. Private PVP matches. Now beginners and casuals can PVP amongst themselves if they really feel like they can't get anywhere with the PVP system.

Thing is ... PVP rewards are obtained win or lose. So it's not even an issue.

Fleet Actions ... they're for daily emblem grinds right now. The rewards are ... meh.

The bulk of the overpriced Mk XI's are being farmed. And consoles from ESD are BoE ... so if you really want to make a mint ... get 25 emblems buy the new Shield Boost console and sell it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-15-2010, 04:19 AM
I am a casual player. I have been playing since open beta. Been playing 1 character almost exclusively since launch and just reached Captain about 2 weeks ago. I can generally afford the blues, and occasionally the purples. It seems to me that the prices are about where they should be.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2010, 05:08 AM
to be honest as a lower rank casual player (captain level on one and only character since launch and a month or so away) im happily making money selling my items by undercutting those on the market, i'm a believer in getting a quick sale and selling fairly. as long as i still get my money and a profit if its over 50% its value (what i would get at ESD Vendor).

im sure once i reach the upper ranks i will find it harder to buy on the exchange but if your willing to check around on several occasions and peak times u will find the item your looking for at the price your looking for or at the best possible price.

the system as it is is one of supply and demand and what people are willing to pay for certain items, dont pay the price people are asking and the prices come down, get more of the same item on the exchange prices come down in a need to sell. but bottom line if ya dont have the time to grind to get the item ur gonna have to pay up to get it quickly.

Of course if its a very very rare item, in those cases ur gonna have to pay highly or grind it out, after all the best of the best items will be hard to come by and are profitable. However no matter where ya look theres money to be made, i've even farmed some lower badges of exploration traded them in for items and stuck those up on the exchange for a fair price or sold at a vendor for EC. Credits are really not that hard to come by in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Because those people with credits to burn will spend them to gear up their alts. It's easier than grinding their alts through explorations time and time again the way they did on the way up with their main.
Then perhaps they should limit the amount of credits you transfer from one character to another. But would it not be cheaper to buy the gear from NPCs with their main and transfer it over to their alt?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-15-2010, 07:22 AM
One more Thread one this, One more person Crying.