Lt. Commander
I'm absolutely frustrated over how difficult it STILL is to get a team into an STF mission.

Yesterday, we wasted 20 mins stuffing around, trying to get all 5 people to start at the same point. Tonight, I joined a group for Cure, but kept beaming to planet, not the start. They started, while I was beaming around trying to join them. I dropped the mission and went to re-accept it, but I have a 10 hour timer before I can accept it again. It stuffed up the other team members because now they were short. It ruined my plans to play Cure tonight.

Should the team leader beam out, kick player, re-invite and beam back in? Should everyone beam out, disband and re-group as a team... then try again. This is just ridiculous. I'm really frustrated and tired of this screwing around with game time.

It's really becoming a sore point to trying to play. It seems like we have formal costumes, some different ships, different bridges... and we may even be able to sit in the captains chair at some stage. But if the focus is going to be on making things pretty, rather than fixing the obvious... then the frustration (as I have right now) is going to drive people away from STO.

/end rant
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Simple solution to your issue with beaming down to the planet in Part II, while the rest of your team is still in Part I: Wait.

Sure, you could all exit and enter at the exact same time to work your way around this (sometimes), but Part I is so very easy in The Cure, and it can be done quickly, even with 4. Ran this with some fleeties again lastnight, and this is what we did when one of our teammates beamed down to the planet. Was a matter of a few minutes before we were caught up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Understand... but I kinda like to play... not wait around.

Another example... Just joined a group to play terradome. We didn't all go into the same mission. We've beamed in and out. We've moved to the same instance. People can't figure out what to do. One person is saying the team leader has to move us in. Two players have continue buttons. Another saying to click bottom button, but two people reporting they only have one button.

How is this supposed to work?? It's so frustrating... 10mins gone already.

Actually... just figured it out while finishing message (this time).
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 07:20 AM
So playing Terradome... got to defending the consoles. However we had up to 9 Undine attack per station. Didn't last more than 10 seconds. Everyone died quite quickly. Apparently something to do with the team leader being VA. Had to level up by clicking on their icon, but it doesn't work properly and we have to beam out or die first... no one really knows how to do it. So we beamed out. One of the team members then decided to leave, as it was just to much stuffing around. Back to 4 players... looking for another.

Shouldn't be this difficult/buggy.
Are other MMO's so difficult to work this out? I'm still trying, but very frustrated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Well... quite depressing game play tonight. Found another person... more trouble getting them into the game with everyone else. More negative comments from team members on this subject. Eventually got back on track.

Now I've played/completed Terradome more than a few times. But the numbers of Undine attacking the consoles was ridiculous. We couldn't defend. Tried twice. Another player left... called it "still bugged" and "double Undine spawning bug". I counted 9 Undine one time, and the last time there were more... I couldn't count how many.

Left with the option. Find another person... then stand around (again) for over 5+ minutes staring at that last group of NPCs wondering if the last coin flipper is actually going to flip. Then face the same problem. No thanks.

Frustrating night, I didn't have any fun. I don't think the remaining 3 players were happy either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Maybe we need an STF queue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Another thing that would be nice is a "reset" button for the quest. I understand why STFs are implemented the way they are (actually, that's not true. People ought to be able to come help at any part without having the mission but w/e) but it's a real pain when the only group you can find is on the part before you and you can't retake the mission because of CD.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Our group tried Terradome and we were told that after they fixed the Myles bug, we now have a bug with the defend consoles portion. We weren't able to complete it at all. What I'd like for these TF's that have a bug or know issues, is for the devs to grey that TF out so I don't waste my time trying to do it. They could even put a little message in brackets next to it saying currently bugged working on fix or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbencen View Post
They could even put a little message in brackets next to it saying currently bugged working on fix or something like that.
Outstanding idea!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Can anyone advise what to do?

Is the problem related to the team leader being a VA and the rest of us RA?
Did the leveling up system not work, or does it have to work in a specific order?
Should I spend the time to put a team of RA only together and try again?
Is Terradome "actually" bugged?
If it is bugged... how am I going to know when it's fixed? Just try it again every week?

Any advise would be appreciated, as I'd hate to go around in circles getting increasingly frustrated over this.