Lt. Commander
# 11
08-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxide
SF officers are well trained for combat operations in extreme conditions
Have you even watched Star Trek? If it wasn't for Picard's double fist poundings even the Ferengi could have conquered Star Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah, Tasha was killed by a mud puddle. Pfft.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Have you even watched Star Trek? If it wasn't for Picard's double fist poundings even the Ferengi could have conquered Star Fleet.
You should read TV Tropes. Things like "The Worf Effect" or "Plot-Induced Stupidity".

I don't care about when MACO's were seen last, in soft canon there are newer organisations like the Starfleet Rangers for example. The problem with MACO-characters is that they could only play half of the game. They are pure ground troops. Having a MACO captain a starship is even crazier than a freshly promoted lieutenant. So I agree. Play a tactical captain, put him in a MACO like uniform, and if you really want make an away team separate from your bridge crew in similar uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-15-2010, 10:48 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-15-2010, 10:58 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-15-2010, 11:20 AM
According to the book, which was written with cryptic studios' help, the MACOs still exist. Personally I think they would work better as special abilities or maybe as a bridge officer more so than a playable character, but I wanted to throw all of the possibilities out there. I definitely think that a couple of MACOs would be better than than the two red shirts that beam down when you use the security detail ability. And for all those that think that red shirts are better, there is a reason why there are so many demotivational posters about red shirts, because they suck at combat. At least the NPCs do anyway.

I wasn't aware of the TR-116 being available. Is there another way to obtain it?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't think MACOs fit the "class" system the way the OP is suggesting.

I think as has been suggested by others ... the combination of a MACO uniform, a ground focused Tact build, and possibly the TR-116 rifle can make players' dreams of being a MACO in-game a reality.

Adding a fourth class to the system ... especially a ground combat focused one ... not really a good idea for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I think it would be nice to see MACO as an option for the away teams. Instead of selecting either security or a bridge officer you select a MACO or two to beam down with you.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
If you want a MACO, just wait for the upcoming MACO uniforms and select appropriate skills on your tactical officer.
QFT

This may be the first game I've ever said this about, but, I think we have plenty of classes. You can pretty much create any character type you want by simply spending your skills appropriately.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-15-2010, 11:46 AM