Lt. Commander
Serious question. print screen doesn't do it. So i'm wondering, what's the IN GAME screenshot key binding. No I don't want to print screen, then paste it to paint I want the actual screenshot button that saves the screenshot to my computer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac
Serious question. print screen doesn't do it. So i'm wondering, what's the IN GAME screenshot key binding. No I don't want to print screen, then paste it to paint I want the actual screenshot button that saves the screenshot to my computer.
Print Screen is the default screenshot keybind. They should be saved in your Cryptic Studios: Star Trek Online: Live: Screenshots folder.

You can use the command /Screenshot_JPG to take a screenshot, that command can be bound to any key you choose by using /bind

example: /bind numpad0 Screenshot_JPG
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac
Yeah I was pressing printscreen and thought nothing was happening until I looked in the folder and saw all the screenshots it had taken while I was mashing the button
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Where is printscreen?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Where is printscreen?
On the standard keyvboard layout it's right next to F12 and above Insert.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Where is printscreen?
next to the any key
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Yeah I was pressing printscreen and thought nothing was happening until I looked in the folder and saw all the screenshots it had taken while I was mashing the button

In my first office job i was a data entry clerk inputting photocopier serial numbers into a computer. I wasn't very familiar around PCs at the time (1993) and at some point i wondered what the print screen button did, so i pressed it and nothing happened so i pressed it a couple more times.. Oh well i thought and went on doing whatever it was i was doing..

About an hour later some guy pushing a trolley with a mountain of paper sitting on top of it came over to my desk with a rather cross look on his face and said "Here's your printouts.."

Apparently pressing the printscreen button did a full printout of our entire serial number database and all the printouts were sent to the printer room (didn't even know we had one!) grinding away on an old dot matrix printer