Lt. Commander
# 1 I can't play anymore
08-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok, I give up.

I've been trying to play my character and make complete logs of all my missions. I even deleted my Rear Admiral and restarted him to do it. I have restarted twice more since then, as I try to get my logs to look and sound right. Every time I try, the game scews them up.

The latest debacle is that every time I make a log entry, it places the new log BEFORE older logs, so they're out of sequence.

It may not seem like much, but this is important to me, and I can't play like this.

It's bad enough that I have to come up with my own stories for the missions. It's bad enough that I have to pretend that I'm doing missions in ways I'm not actually doing them (such as TALKING to my enemies instead of just shooting them). Now, even my efforts to make the game feel more immersive and Star Trek-y are being submarined.

I can't play this game in this state. I'm sorry, I hope people do enjoy it, but it's just too badly designed and too buggy for me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Then don't. Who the heck cares weather or not your logs are in the ordering system you prefer. Make log entries in a word document. This is such a small thing, stop whining.

And you get no sympathy from me. I really couldn't care less about your leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Weirdest reasons ever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2010, 02:37 PM
By re-writing the missions you are attempting to fit a square peg in a round hole. The problem is not that the game is buggy or that it is not working properly, it is that you are not playing the game as it was intended and trying to make it into something other than what it already is. This is not the fault of the game, it is that you are playing a game that you really don't want to play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2010, 02:47 PM
He is also complaining that the logs work exactly like they do in Trek. Whenever someone checked a computer for records they saw the most recent entry and then had to search for older ones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2010, 02:49 PM
"Got my Mojo workin', but it jus' don't work on you." - Muddy Waters
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not leaving the game altogether, I just can't play that character anymore, because I have to keep restarting due to a failure in the way the logs are being kept.

I don't know why you're so hostile, Martok. I didn't say anything about you, did I?

Anyway, I realize it may seem trivial, it's just one more straw for the camel, and that's the point I'm trying to make.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I'm not leaving the game altogether, I just can't play that character anymore, because I have to keep restarting due to a failure in the way the logs are being kept.

I don't know why you're so hostile, Martok. I didn't say anything about you, did I?

Anyway, I realize it may seem trivial, it's just one more straw for the camel, and that's the point I'm trying to make.
Your camel wouldn't have so many straws if you would play the game as it was intended instead of trying to make it into something it is not. And yes, it is trivial.
Lt. Commander
season 2 i hoped it would be awsome but no to many bugged out thing's in here i have been playing since beta and have told myself only one more patch they wil fix it but do u think they do no.... now i have 3 vise admirals and all of the just hit dull when i hit 51 all stf's oneshot u its like mobs have +175% dmg and we have -75% dmg omg

Cryptic do a delete on all patches up from 1,2 and upp then we have a normal game
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Hmm, that's not what you wrote in your opening post.

Quote:
I can't play this game in this state. I'm sorry, I hope people do enjoy it, but it's just too badly designed and too buggy for me.
You wrote that you couldn't play the game in this state. This is an "I Quit" thread, and will probably be closed because of it.
Closed Thread