Lt. Commander
# 21
08-31-2010, 03:49 PM
HUM let see. One hour Trail vs 15 days or even 10 day trail. I would rather have 10 days at least I would learn a little about the game. In STO Demo I did not Get any REAL info or Feel for the game.

1 About 10 Mins of combat Flight time
2 About 10 Mins of Ground combat
3 Walk in a Star Base for a while Woopie
4 Fly the ship in Sol No access in other Worlds.

Here how *********, Lotro, DDO, WOW, Wizard101 and club Pangiun and (8 year old nephew love the last two games)
1 You get to play the games for a while and mybe learn the game and get some understanding of the game
2 You get to talk to the other people and learn how other people act.
3 You get to see the differnt combats of differnt monsters.
4 You see other Citys
5 You Experience in Fellowhips

So What I learn from STO so far it not very good and I would Not buy the game just on the 1 hour Limited trial I tried.

I would love to see SolidNuetronium have a friend to play the trial and get back to us. Then get there View on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphan
HUM let see. One hour Trail vs 15 days or even 10 day trail. I would rather have 10 days at least I would learn a little about the game. In STO Demo I did not Get any REAL info or Feel for the game.

1 About 10 Mins of combat Flight time
2 About 10 Mins of Ground combat
3 Walk in a Star Base for a while Woopie
4 Fly the ship in Sol No access in other Worlds.

Here how *********, Lotro, DDO, WOW, Wizard101 and club Pangiun and (8 year old nephew love the last two games)
1 You get to play the games for a while and mybe learn the game and get some understanding of the game
2 You get to talk to the other people and learn how other people act.
3 You get to see the differnt combats of differnt monsters.
4 You see other Citys
5 You Experience in Fellowhips

So What I learn from STO so far it not very good and I would Not buy the game just on the 1 hour Limited trial I tried.

I would love to see SolidNuetronium have a friend to play the trial and get back to us. Then get there View on the game.
WoW, DDO, LoTRO etc. have been out for years but STO only 6 months. And some of those games are free to play or will be. Seems like you just want to play for free lol.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
You know f2p is great at least you be able to play the game and then Judge the game then play it once in a while or and buy a subscription and play the whole game or go this game lame and uninstall it and you dont have to buy the box set.

I wish you read up on F2P before posting. I was on beta for lotro f2p yes you have to work your deeds and such to earn credits to buy areas like Lone land or Angmar and if you dont have the credits you have to BUY that right BUY the zones. And subscribers or lifetimer get 500 credits every month to spend freely and they have free to run anywhere on the Maps. I am lucky I am a lifetimer.

But here how How some people think everyone should play a game. Viewing videos and reviews of a game Then buy the game. If the game is good they keep playing it. If it bad you wasted your Money then they leave the the game on the computer wasting space or uninstalled and put on a shelf to collect dust never be touched again.

Yes the STO Demo is a bad Joke. I would rather have a 10 day trail. At least I would be able to get some understanding of the game . Then go ok is this game Cool I will buy it or this game dose not float my boat and uninstall it and move to a new game. I did not get much info with a 45 Min Demo.

I wonder why people complain about 10 day trial. Do you think someone going to pass your level in 10 days?
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
You know f2p is great at least you be able to play the game and then Judge the game then play it once in a while or and buy a subscription and play the whole game or go this game lame and uninstall it and you dont have to buy the box set.

I wish you read up on F2P before posting. I was on beta for lotro f2p yes you have to work your deeds and such to earn credits to buy areas like Lone land or Angmar and if you dont have the credits you have to BUY that right BUY the zones. And subscribers or lifetimer get 500 credits every month to spend freely and they have free to run anywhere on the Maps. I am lucky I am a lifetimer.

But here how How some people think everyone should play a game. Viewing videos and reviews of a game Then buy the game. If the game is good they keep playing it. If it bad you wasted your Money then they leave the the game on the computer wasting space or uninstalled and put on a shelf to collect dust never be touched again.

Yes the STO Demo is a bad Joke. I would rather have a 10 day trail. At least I would be able to get some understanding of the game . Then go ok is this game Cool I will buy it or this game dose not float my boat and uninstall it and move to a new game. I did not get much info with a 45 Min Demo.

I wonder why people complain about 10 day trial. Do you think someone going to pass your level in 10 days?
Yeah I have a lifetime for LoTRO too. And it didn't have a demo after 6 months. Just admit you want to play for free lol.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-01-2010, 12:00 AM
No I had the Founders beta lifetime for lotro so that not the issue. I still play the game.

But the Issue I have on This game is the Demo lacking I would like to see more before going yes I will buy the game or No this game not very good. At least with LOTRO for the last 2 years they had a demo 10 days. What it took to get someone to join was the people who played the game explaining Things to the New player. Basicly a helping hand and answer questions that a Demo could not Answer.

I have a Feeling with the Demo as it is now. It is Very lacking and alot of people would not want to play after the demo lloonngg download and It not about wanting to play the game for free. Trying to get some understanding of a game before Buying it. I dont expect to do Raid and such I would like to seem of low level starter quests and get a feel for a game before putting my money in something I might NOT WANT.

But I do this with all my games. I stop acting like a child long ago looking at the grapics and go that game good then be disapointed after laying down so much money. I follow the rule if there no good demo then the game lacking. Now I watch my nephew he almost has 50 games he played a few days and now in the closet becuse he use videos to enchant him into the game and the game fallen shot. Can we say Money Pit for his Parents.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
Some people just want to play for free. They could have a 15 day demo and people would still say it's not enough. Nevertheless Cryptic should add 1 patrol mission, starbase 24, 1 DSE and a complete cluster exploration mission to the demo. That basically shows you what the game is about.
QFT.
Now, don't get me wrong. I've been playing the demo over and over for the last couple of weeks. The only reason that I haven't bought the full game is that I'm broke like a rotten plank. I think the demo while short, is a rather sweet introduction to the game. I just wish that there was a little more displayed mission and gameplay wise. I'm not asking for free, unlimited access, just a little more. Like in the quote above, maybe a (one) diplomatic mission. Perhaps a little exploration. And I would KILL to be able to go to my bridge. C'mon, Cryptic! Show us what we're missing.

But I still love the game, and will buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiomaticranger View Post
QFT.
Now, don't get me wrong. I've been playing the demo over and over for the last couple of weeks. The only reason that I haven't bought the full game is that I'm broke like a rotten plank. I think the demo while short, is a rather sweet introduction to the game. I just wish that there was a little more displayed mission and gameplay wise. I'm not asking for free, unlimited access, just a little more. Like in the quote above, maybe a (one) diplomatic mission. Perhaps a little exploration. And I would KILL to be able to go to my bridge. C'mon, Cryptic! Show us what we're missing.

But I still love the game, and will buy it.
Cryptic said they were redoing the demo so hopefully they put most of those in.

STO really is/going to be a great game with its mix of space and ground with your own party as an added bonus. For old-timers like me, it takes me back to Baldur's gate and Fallout days with a multiplayer option. The game only lacks the massive raids/pvp for it to be complete in my book.

Quote:
But I do this with all my games. I stop acting like a child long ago looking at the grapics and go that game good then be disapointed after laying down so much money. I follow the rule if there no good demo then the game lacking. Now I watch my nephew he almost has 50 games he played a few days and now in the closet becuse he use videos to enchant him into the game and the game fallen shot. Can we say Money Pit for his Parents.
We would all like to demo new games 10-15 days. Sometimes it's just not possible especially with young games with small budgets. It's like the movies, you pay for your ticket and watch. Sometimes you love the movie and other times you walk out before it finishes. Or just wait till it's out on DVD lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I do realize your valid concerns about RMT spam in chat but 10 days without being able to talk to anyone is going to be a very lonely demo experience, and as much a singleplayer experience as the rather short demo currently is.

I'll never understand why some development studios never come up with a demo of their games in the first place and maybe only later arrange something (pun intended :p), I don't think that's a good advertisement. Neither is the persistent slap in the face "you just want to play for free! you're a phony! A big fat phony!" ;\

I'm sure that most people never bother to actually post about their bad demo experience while wiping the game off their harddrives, not in a civilized manner anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Evenin All,

Just a brief message to add to this thread... Yes the demo is a poor example of the game! However, As I have subscribed I would like to make others who were in my situation aware that the game more than makes up for the demo. The playability is immense and scenarios ever changing. So far i've had a great time creating my character, building up my stats, modifying my ship and participating in various fleet scenarios...

You will not be dissapointed

May even join/start a fleet soon... who know's? the possibilities are truely endless!!!
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroa10
do you expect somebody to actually buy the game after they play the so called demo? Remove this joke from the web site because anyone who sees it will run away.

Btw games without the "online" have demos, mmo games have some time limited trial or level limited where you can experience most of the game of that level.

Here you have one freaking mission and you can finish the hole "game" in less than one hour. What's the point of making this "online" game when it plays like Star Trek Fleet Command plus some bad fps ground action.

I've seen better freeware that this....

They dont want to show too much of the game.. or they would turn more ppl off.. though an hour game play is more than enough, as you will just be doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over anyway