Lt. Commander
# 1 Buttons Misfiring!
08-16-2010, 03:39 AM
A lot of the time when i try to hit a button from the tray I don't get the desired result.

Sometimes the button grays for a second and nothing happens.

Sometimes the cooldown timer engages, but not the ability.

This happens A LOT, in space and on ground.

This is VERY annoying, especially when powers/abilities with long cooldowns go on cooldown without firing!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I've gotten this to. But only with CRF/CSV.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I have had this problem also... it's especially common with my torpedoes in space and second shot on ground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2010, 10:55 AM
I seem to be experiencing this almost all the time on my engineers with turrets not spawning even though I'm in the animation to place them for extended periods of time.
My drone has the same problem.
And I've also gone through the beam weapon firing animations (full auto assault weapons usually) with nothing happening except some weird longer than normal cooldown on regular attacks.
I've even occasionally gotten some secondary global cooldown on the full auto spread attack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I get this ALL the time.

I get especially a lot with torpedoes... as well as when I try to activate several abilities one after the other very quickly.

I'll get a global cooldown and even the effect of the ability in question for about a second, but it wont actually activate (the graphical effect will stop, and it's own cooldown wont trigger).. so i have to hit the corresponding button again.

been in since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Sometimes I find when I try to click on an ability from the BO tray nothing happens until I click a couple of times on some other graphic like space or another ship and then reclick the ability icon. I was wondering if it had anything to do with playing in windowed mode and if it's related to the game getting stuck on mouse look as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Have the same problem too. Mostly with placing turrets.

Additionally when setting the auto fire on ground to "Toggle, combat changes", I have to turn auto fire off at the start of each fight before I can attack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I experience random power effects with powers I do not posses at times when I chain several powers together for effect. In one game I hit BFI+AUxSIF+GDF and got the added bonus of CPB going off as well, expect I didn't have CPB on that build.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-23-2010, 11:08 AM
i have had this problem a few times my self
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Sometimes the cooldown timer engages, but not the ability.
I have experienced this with Torpedo: High Yield. It seems that there is a short time window (couple of tenths of a second) after the ability finishes recharging when clicking the icon causes the cooldown to start again without activating the ability. It's really annoying.