Lt. Commander
It has now been six days since my character was offered a First Contact mission.

Eight days ago he became an Ambassador. He did receive a FC mission after becoming an Ambassador, since then nothing.

Bug, broken, or working as intended?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Here is my First Contact experience:

I made Envoy on a Friday night. On Saturday morning at about 10:30a I got my first FC, about four hours later (I was on the whole in-between time doing Diplo Investigations), I got my second.

On Sunday morning I got my third, was on/off the game throughout the day. I got a fourth FC sometime after Midnight Sunday night (actually Monday early morning). I made Ambassador shortly after on that same night's play session.

I didn't bother to check back with Jiro after ranking to Ambassador (since adding FDX is pointless now, I guess), but just for S&G I checked Jiro about a week after and he had an FC waiting. I've accepted it (it's in my Log), but haven't done it yet.

I don't know if that helps or not.

Oh, and for the record, I got 20 FDX on the first two, 10 on the last two.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you think the Diplomatic Investigations affect the availability of First Contact Missions? I typically only do two of those per day now that I'm Ambassador, but if I log on and don't see a FC mission, I usually do one or two more Diplomatic Investigations (and the Explore Star Cluster mission associated with those zones) and then I usually see a FC pop up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I recieved a total of 2 First Contact missions through to Ambassador .... to be honest I got bored after the second one anyway. Not enough shooting
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Its been 8 days since I've seen a First Contact Mission myself. Seems odd that it would be that long between missions unless something is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
Its been 8 days since I've seen a First Contact Mission myself. Seems odd that it would be that long between missions unless something is wrong.
Have you been doing the Diplomatic Investigations in the meantime? I seem to have a FC at least once a day, but I also do the Investigations (and the explore star cluster mission associated with the zone) when there isn't a FC up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I've been noticing that the First Contact missions don't seem to get offered very much as well. From what I've seen so far I think that it is linked to doing the Diplomatic Investigations. I seem to get one First Contact mission for every six (2 sets of 3 Diplomatic missions) that I do for Jiro-san. It may not be exactly that much, but it has seemed to be following that pattern to some degree.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
I've not gotten one First Contact mission since reaching Envoy and have almost finished this level.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes there is an issue with the missions. In the last two weeks I've only gotten two missions and one was bugged. I do the normal missions twice a day every day on average (6 missions per day) for the last few weeks. I put a ticket in on the second of July but it got deleted. I've just given up and just do the missions since I only need less than 300 experience to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-13-2011, 05:04 PM
same. ticket #1,154,540