Lt. Commander
# 21
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post

To Cryptic : I really wish you would stop posting that important employees are leaving. I can tell you think it is for respect and to give them a good wave on the way out. But I have seen at least 3 major design team "He Quit Threads" here. I am beginning to join the 'sinking ship' crowd sadly. Please tell me that STO is not going to be losing Rekhan or Dstahl next. Are you trying a new business model based on MT's and an All-Non-paid Intern Team?
Two things:

1. It could be that his work consited of developing the game and getting it launched. Now that this has happened, he may be looking to go out and do that again somewhere else.

2. If Cryptic didn't post it, someone on one of the many videogame sites would have. So which looks worse for a company; being open and announcing that one of your devs is leaving the game, or having your playerbase find out on another site.

Good luck Bill.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzySmith View Post
Live Long and Prosper, Mr. Bill. We wish you the best.

Now... who's to replace him as Chief Creative Officer...
How about the great CAPTAIN LOGAN!!!
I like the job he's doing right now just fine. To Cpt Logan:

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship because while you're there, you can make a difference."
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Lt. Commander
# 25
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
I'd have more faith in Cryptic if everyone wasn't jumping ship trying to save their career's.....
that about sums it up for me as well. thats two in as many months.

and yes posting about it on the community message board probably isn't the best way of inspiring confidence in STO. just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
that about sums it up for me as well. thats two in as many months.

and yes posting about it on the community message board probably isn't the best way of inspiring confidence in STO. just a thought
Bill wasn't just STO though. He was supposed to be overseeing the next project more than anything. So maybe they plan to make the next project actually work since the dead weight anchor finally left.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
can we get a tally on how many folks have left, and how many have been brought on board in the last year?

Seriously, it seems we always hear about people leaving one after another... but not if there's fresh blood incoming.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-16-2010, 12:58 PM
another jumping ship with our money in hand
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Noooooo...

Oh wait

Okay, good luck Mr. Roper.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
well think this game is gonna die soon why not shut the server down now and end the pain?
Closed Thread