Lt. Commander
# 11
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I hate the C-Store. It's pure evil. But I still find myself compromising and suggesting stuff for the C-Store when in reality, again, I hate it and believe nothing should be in it at all. The amount of content is already too small even compared to most MMOs out there to be charging me for other stuff.
Cool story.

Now what's the next C-Store item going to be?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
and its been said a million times. if they dont have the funding from the c-store then we dont get future items as quickly or even at all. there is little reason for them to add extra skin ships or playable species like the pakleds or the caitains or new costumes. those items dont add anything to the game but people still want them now, now, now

you dont have to buy them but if you get rid of the store they wont be there are all. do you think not having the items is better than having a choice now?

there are people that only work on the c-store, there wages are probably paid by the c-store funds. get rid of that and they then cant afford to keep two extra artists.

yes the core game artist could spend time designing things like the nebula or the other ships skins anyway for free, but the time they spend doing that is something else taken from the game. perhaps the breen or fluidic space does not get made because they have to spend time doing the items people want. and then people moan they want the breen.....

we all want everything for free but we also want it now but thats not how life works. if they ever took the c-store away people would scream for it back once they realised that the cosmetic content is slowing down as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Cool story.

Now what's the next C-Store item going to be?
Emblems

/ducks and runs

Lt. Commander
# 14
08-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I only ever use the C-store for the free stuff or when I got those free points a while back
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I don't think the C-Store is the real problem. I think Cryptic is starting to look like it's "let's put everything to the C-Store". Like Attilo said, some things like slots (costume, character, or ship), I find understandable.

Outfits like that 21st Century off duty outfits when we already have so limited number to pick? REALLY? That was necessary for the C-Store? REALLY? But at least I won't buy such rubbish.
What is an even bigger annoyance is the cost. It cost $6.25 for 500 points those costumes cost 280 points. so after I buy those items I would have to spend another $6.25 to purchase anything else worthwhile since i would only have only 230 points after the initial purchase.

Also why does the Federation Dreadnuoght cost more than the game? I can purchase this game at Wall-Mart for $19.99, but that ship will cost me $25 since it takes 2000 points.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Three-Five-Nine
Emblems

/ducks and runs

Ducks? where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
What is an even bigger annoyance is the cost. It cost $6.25 for 500 points those costumes cost 280 points. so after I buy those items I would have to spend another $6.25 to purchase anything else worthwhile since i would only have only 230 points after the initial purchase.

Also why does the Federation Dreadnuoght cost more than the game? I can purchase this game at Wall-Mart for $19.99, but that ship will cost me $25 since it takes 2000 points.

Unfortunately to me it seems that you are complaining about being poor, cheap or both. ive seen so many darn fed dreds that that honestly i dont think the price must be that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Personally I think the C-Store is one of the least of the game's issues. I have no problem with them putting extra non-essentials in there just for fun.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I am patently surprised that I am agreeing with the OP here. He and I usually differ quite widely on our opinions here. But I agree with him that people are just giving up fighting about the C-Store.

I was initially against it, but Cryptic claims it is necessary to pay for STO. They started tasting the $$$...

Then they said it would be Cosmetic Items and I relaxed, until they changed that to MOSTLY Cosmetic Items. More $$$ started tasting even better.

Then they said that there would always be a way to earn C-Store Items in game. Of course they qualified that with 30 days of Grinding Emblems or referring 5 people (who stay 30 days.) When people caught on that they would be grinding forever or buying 5 copes of STO to refer themselves. Yummy tasty $$$.

Eventually (maybe a year or two down the road) they will announce that STO will be F2P and the C-Store will have all limits removed. All the $$$ that the ever shrinking Dev Team never sees because it all goes to Atari.

So I have given up. Long live the C-Store and woe to my bank account, you win Cryptic. I will be here up to the second you make STO F2P. But no worries, I will certainly be replaced with 100 Play-By-Wallet MMO Fans. Hope you enjoy the type of player you are drawing in.

P.S. Everyone hold on because this thread is about to be banished to C-Store Forum Section, don't want to get knock out our computer chairs TOS-Style
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
and its been said a million times. if they dont have the funding from the c-store then we dont get future items as quickly or even at all. there is little reason for them to add extra skin ships or playable species like the pakleds or the caitains or new costumes. those items dont add anything to the game but people still want them now, now, now.
This is complete PR propaganda. I highly doubt that this defunct game cost them so much to make that they actually need the C-Store to break even. When you count box sales, plus the subscriptions and the Lifetime_Subs do you really expect me believe they are not making enough of a profit to run this game?
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I am patently surprised that I am agreeing with the OP here. He and I usually differ quite widely on our opinions here. But I agree with him that people are just giving up fighting about the C-Store.

I was initially against it, but Cryptic claims it is necessary to pay for STO. They started tasting the $$$...

Then they said it would be Cosmetic Items and I relaxed, until they changed that to MOSTLY Cosmetic Items. More $$$ started tasting even better.

Then they said that there would always be a way to earn C-Store Items in game. Of course they qualified that with 30 days of Grinding Emblems or referring 5 people (who stay 30 days.) When people caught on that they would be grinding forever or buying 5 copes of STO to refer themselves. Yummy tasty $$$.

Eventually (maybe a year or two down the road) they will announce that STO will be F2P and the C-Store will have all limits removed. All the $$$ that the ever shrinking Dev Team never sees because it all goes to Atari.

So I have given up. Long live the C-Store and woe to my bank account, you win Cryptic. I will be hear up to the second you make STO F2P. But no worries, I will certainly be replaced with 100 Play-By-Wallet MMO Fans. Hope you enjoy the type of player you are drawing in.

Quite honestly Im sure they would enjoy the play by wallet players more. They prolly would bish about cstore less.