Lt. Commander
# 31
08-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
ok im going to say it again because your not hearing me

this game does NOT need the c-store to operate.

the c-store gives them more money to make MORE stuff that the fans want because star trek is such a huge IP that there are tons of things that people want put into the game as soon as possible

it would run perfectly well without the c-store but you would not get as much

if age of conan added a c-store they could produce more stuff, but adding it does not mean that without it the game would fail

i do not know the numbers but last time i heard the game cost 15 million to make, that could be true it could be false. i have no idea how much it takes to continue making it
That is not what you originally said.
Quote:
and its been said a million times. if they dont have the funding from the c-store then we dont get future items as quickly or even at all.
If it really adds more money to make more content than why have we not seen allot of added content?
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Seems like a lot of us are giving up. We just want content and we add "for the C-Store" to try and make it happen.

I hate the C-Store. It's pure evil. But I still find myself compromising and suggesting stuff for the C-Store when in reality, again, I hate it and believe nothing should be in it at all. The amount of content is already too small even compared to most MMOs out there to be charging me for other stuff.
I don't hate the C-Store. It is what it is to me. If there's something on there I want (like playable Pakleds) I'll get it.

If there's something on there that confuses me, and seems completely out of place in the star trek game I want to play (air guitar emote ... 21st century formal wear) ... I'll ignore it and not pay it any mind.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
When I buy anything I tend to look for a deal. Maybe I am a cheap that way. But I have never seen the C-Store have a sale on anything, to me that's just a bad store idea.
The C-Store has had multiple sales. They've been tied into holiday "events." Like the last one I remember was the fourth of july sale, I think, what, Bridge Packs were put on sale?

Also they have a pretty decent super-saver deal for Added character slots. Per character, the 4 characters are cheaper than just the 2.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
Than why is it that other P2P games run just fine with no C-Store even games like Age of Conan( which does not have a large subscription base anymore) don't need a C-Store to operate. Not to mention what do you actually think it cost to make this game?
free to play really? i dont consider this free to play i call it free to play then buy the game.

The company is offering a free "trial" that allows gamers to wander the entire Island of Tortage for free. In fact, gamers can play the game forever without having to upgrade to a full subscription... or until Funcom says otherwise. That's certainly not a bad deal, but there's a catch.

According to the company, gamers must first create a free account, download the client, and then jump into the MMORPG before January 1, 2010. There's also another catch: the level cap is only 20, so don't expect to conquer the island as a level 100 barbarian. Funcom said that other restrictions apply as well: there's no trading with other players, no in-game mail, no public chat channels, and no posting on the forums.

****? ring a bell? heck they charge 10 bucks to change a name

here its like 3 bucks
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
free to play really? i dont consider this free to play i call it free to play then buy the game.

The company is offering a free "trial" that allows gamers to wander the entire Island of Tortage for free. In fact, gamers can play the game forever without having to upgrade to a full subscription... or until Funcom says otherwise. That's certainly not a bad deal, but there's a catch.

According to the company, gamers must first create a free account, download the client, and then jump into the MMORPG before January 1, 2010. There's also another catch: the level cap is only 20, so don't expect to conquer the island as a level 100 barbarian. Funcom said that other restrictions apply as well: there's no trading with other players, no in-game mail, no public chat channels, and no posting on the forums.

****? ring a bell? heck they charge 10 bucks to change a name

here its like 3 bucks
I never stated that *** was F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
That is not what you originally said. If it really adds more money to make more content than why have we not seen allot of added content?
because your only quoting part of my post. i was referring to the c-store items in general, as i made clear in my posts. the money made from one c-store items funds the creation of the next one. i did not say it hampers the production of the free content like season 1 and 2.

we have seen added content. the caitians the pakleds, the other future races that are due soon. new costumes, formal wear, merc wear etc etc would not be here if we had not spent money buying the earlier items
its also impossible to know if some of the money used from the c-store has gone into making season 2 better than it would have been without it. but that isall guess work

see below

Quote:
there are people that only work on the c-store, there wages are probably paid by the c-store funds. get rid of that and they then cant afford to keep two extra artists.

yes the core game artist could spend time designing things like the nebula or the other ships skins anyway for free, but the time they spend doing that is something else taken from the game. perhaps the breen or fluidic space does not get made because they have to spend time doing the items people want. and then people moan they want the breen.....
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
frankly, i wonder what people's problem with the C-Store is..
I get tired of seeing things that i think should be part of my subscription going into the c-store.

I also am getting tired of seeing the price go up! Astronomically every time.

For example all the ships where 200 or so c-points. Fine. then the Enterprise Dreadnaught comes on the scene and its like 2000 POINTS! thats 10 times what the cost of the others was. I bet the excelsior and Nebula will be the same. 1500 or 2000 points each.

then they put things in there that are universal to all your characters so again your only buying it once. but wait! Now they have stuff that is per character! that means if you want it for each character guess what. bend over and forget the lubricant.

that again is a cost increase to us.

To me some of these things they put in the c-store should be part of my monthly subscription fee and should not be bartered to me on the side like some overcoated thug in a side ally in NYC pedalling watches.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
because your only quoting part of my post. i was referring to the c-store items in general, as i made clear in my posts. the money made from one c-store items funds the creation of the next one. i did not say it hampers the production of the free content like season 1 and 2.

we have seen added content. the caitians the pakleds, the other future races that are due soon. new costumes, formal wear, merc wear etc etc would not be here if we had not spent money buying the earlier items
its also impossible to know if some of the money used from the c-store has gone into making season 2 better than it would have been without it. but that isall guess work

see below
And all I am saying is with the lack of content to begin with there is no reason for them to charge us for those items especially ships and playable species. Also they are not designing anything for free we pay monthly fees for that.

Quote:
there are people that only work on the c-store, there wages are probably paid by the c-store funds. get rid of that and they then cant afford to keep two extra artists.

yes the core game artist could spend time designing things like the nebula or the other ships skins anyway for free, but the time they spend doing that is something else taken from the game. perhaps the breen or fluidic space does not get made because they have to spend time doing the items people want. and then people moan they want the breen.....
Once again you make the assumption that without the C-Store the game could not operate.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
I never stated that *** was F2P.
my mistake there
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
And all I am saying is with the lack of content to begin with there is no reason for them to charge us for those items especially ships and playable species. Also they are not designing anything for free we pay monthly fees for that.

Once again you make the assumption that without the C-Store the game could not operate.
but are you not also making the assumption that without the c-store the game can operate?

both assumption that we know nothing of.