08-18-2010, 01:02 AM
fed vs kling open war no ship limit
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
fed vs kling open war no ship limit
Or even fed vs fed. The open area would be true to alliances you make there. So a pack of fed's and kling's may attack YOU!

p.s. hehee
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-19-2010, 06:48 AM
GM's, Please post why you are for or against a open PVP area with no queue.

I have played other Cryptic games with open PVP areas. some had 4 zones by level. They were

the most FUN in the game. I even spent most my time leveling my toons in PVP war zones. I know you can't

rebuild leveling around war zones as you have in the past but how about the open PVP area ? It dos not have to

be big.

P.S. If your wondering why i'm not playing those games now? It's only because I believe this game has MORE

potential. But only with open PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
I am not really for a free for all PVP instance, but I am not against it. The map would need to be timed, but I guess you could do a never ending persistent PVP. It could just pass the TOP KILLER off to whoever happens to have the highest score at the time.

I would prefer a PVP maps where players can enter and leave at any time during the match. The teams could be auto balanced depending on faction limits. After the match has ended, it would give final scores and reset.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaw View Post
II guess you could do a never ending persistent PVP. It could just pass the TOP KILLER off to whoever happens to have the highest score at the time.

I agree

I would prefer a PVP maps where players can enter and leave at any time during the match. The teams could be auto balanced depending on faction limits. After the match has ended, it would give final scores and reset.
Thats what thay have now and are working on.I could not careless about queue setups.only a open one for people to come and go as thay please. Just one open area with NO queue.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Already a thread for this.

Please keep it bumped up to bring more attention to it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=173528
Lt. Commander
# 17 Open PvP is the start...
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Greetings,

Open PvP is a step in the right direct. A truly epic system would track everyone stats and provide a sortable ladder. One could sort by damage, K/D ratio, or any number of stats.

More importantly we want a system that will allow us, the Players, to conquer and control sectors and have this effect gameplay directly, for ALL players. As even a despicable Ferengi will tell you, war effects everyone. While I respect (barely) peoples choice not to engage in PvP, if the system they had their base, bar or brothel in is taken over by a group of Romulan led Klingons, they are obviously effected. PvE options should be changed depending on the state of the system, sector, etc.

This could link into multi-part missions that cross enemy controlled territory or are now *in* enemy controlled territory.
The richness that such a system could provide would give us endless opportunities for more complex and rich storylines and experiences, and all Cryptic has to do is program a solid stable framework in which to let us Fight, Play, etc.

The future of STO is quite bright and with ideas like this it becomes even brighter.

Yours in the Brightness of Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Already a thread for this.

Please keep it bumped up to bring more attention to it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=173528
Nyrus Pars this is in support of your thread.It was said that the GM's like POLL over REQUEST so I
did this as a poll.

Now I hope thay will respond.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

Open PvP is a step in the right direct. A truly epic system would track everyone stats and provide a sortable ladder. One could sort by damage, K/D ratio, or any number of stats.

More importantly we want a system that will allow us, the Players, to conquer and control sectors and have this effect gameplay directly, for ALL players. As even a despicable Ferengi will tell you, war effects everyone. While I respect (barely) peoples choice not to engage in PvP, if the system they had their base, bar or brothel in is taken over by a group of Romulan led Klingons, they are obviously effected. PvE options should be changed depending on the state of the system, sector, etc.

The future of STO is quite bright and with ideas like this it becomes even brighter.

Yours in the Brightness of Plasma,
Star*Dagger
here here!
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.MOORE
Nyrus Pars this is in support of your thread.It was said that the GM's like POLL over REQUEST so I
did this as a poll.

Now I hope thay will respond.
/sign........