Lt. Commander
# 21
08-19-2010, 01:32 PM
/Signed

This would be awesome. I definitely support this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
STO definitely needs Open PvP on a massive scale and get rid of these silly queues.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
STO definitely needs Open PvP on a massive scale and get rid of these silly queues.
Here here!
Lt. Commander
# 24 PVP open area
08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I was my thought that (War Zones would become the open area PVP) Except they stll have the borg from beta in them. I really hope they empty them, and set up a flag based combat zone the maps so huge that having 6 to 8 flags would spread out everyone if you go down to one flag your fleet should be condensed around it making it hard to lose. Flags this would provide long fun open PVP. Klinks would have to decloak to capture. it would reset when all flags were captured or after a good 30min to hour battle. Drop the Graphics to min to max out game play speed.

This is the easy way of doing open PVP its been done with Day of Defeat, Counter strike, Halo, Qauke all of the top PVP games use a simple flag system. Then create a webbased kill tracker kill/death tracker. With sector control tally.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-20-2010, 07:40 PM
No offense but you don't understand what Open PvP is, your idea is basically a Capture and Hold without the Queue system.

Open PvP is simply: Enter the zone, find an enemy, and kill them.

Territoral PvP is another matter that should reflect more like DoaC's Realm vs Realm, where there is benefits and purpose other than just "I got the flag".
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
No offense but you don't understand what Open PvP is, your idea is basically a Capture and Hold without the Queue system.

Open PvP is simply: Enter the zone, find an enemy, and kill them.

Territoral PvP is another matter that should reflect more like DoaC's Realm vs Realm, where there is benefits and purpose other than just "I got the flag".
Have both!! A true open PvP and a Faction vs Faction
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes! Let's have open pvp where level 45+ Klinks/Feds can kill lowly level 5's and level 40's and what not! Slendid idea....

Seriously, none of you seem to understand that STO was NOT designed for open pvp. I guess people never 'will' understand, as they just want what they want.

Regardless; I'll support specific zones being tagged for pvp (perhaps new zones entirely, which might be a better idea, as it would be a pain for the devs to rework the system to allow open pvp in all of the current zones)

However, all in all, I'm AGAINST open unrestricted pvp as STO wasn't designed for it (also because I don't think it would work out fine) but I'm all for new specific pvp zones that don't require players to cross through them to get to a pve mission.

This isn't Eve-Online. You want full, unrestricted, pvp for play that game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I remember when Open PvP area received the least amount of votes in things to add shortly after the game was released.

It would be interesting to see where that is now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-21-2010, 12:44 AM
personaly id like to see a system employed where the whole system was one instance based on ranks.

instance one : for those that dont want open pvp.
instance two : for those that do want open pvp for the rank up to ltcomm
instance three: for those that want open pvp from lt comm to commander
instance four: for those that want open pvp from comm to capt
instance five : for those that want open pvp from capt to ra
instance six : for those that want open pvp from ra to va/lt gen

enough of these pathetic instances that have a max amount of players cryptic should have servers that can cope with the amount of players without it causing lag.
granted this is my first mmo that i have played but going by what iv been told about eve & some other mmo games they can have battles with larger maps , ships , toons than what STO has & have like 100 + players in the same instance.

This is my idea of how open PVP in an mmo should work ... i feel something like that would bring back those klingon players that left the game in disgust.
I mean the thought of putting a klingon fleet together of like 50-60 ships & going to war in sector block where if the fed players we come across are fair game .. same goes if feds decide to invade kling space.

Oh but there has to be something in it .. because right now pvp is just getting so boring when you know at the end of it all your going to get is 3 poxy emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Kalshion;2967354]Yes! Let's have open pvp where level 45+ Klinks/Feds can kill lowly level 5's and level 40's and what not! Slendid idea....

M.MOORE: To be honest I would LOVE to have a place to test the DIFFERENTS with my level 10 vs 50.

Seriously, none of you seem to understand that STO was NOT designed for open pvp. I guess people never 'will' understand, as they just want what they want.

M.MOORE: You may be right,but it SHOULD have been. CRYPTIC makes COMBAT MMO's . And ALL to my
knowlege have OPEN PVP area's EXCEPT THIS ONE.

Regardless; I'll support specific zones being tagged for pvp (perhaps new zones entirely, which might be a better idea, as it would be a pain for the devs to rework the system to allow open pvp in all of the current zones)

M.MOORE:I agree it may PAIN the dev's to do it .if thay don't WANT to. But thay have the capiablity to do it as thay PROVED in COH and COV.

However, all in all, I'm AGAINST open unrestricted pvp as STO wasn't designed for it (also because I don't think it would work out fine) but I'm all for new specific pvp zones that don't require players to cross through them to get to a pve mission.

M.MOORE:That is ok you have a right to your opiion. I respect that. I to would NOT want anyone to EVER
be FORCED to go there because of a mission.

This isn't Eve-Online. You want full, unrestricted, pvp for play that game.

M.MOORE: Thanks for the heads up about Eve. I had purchase a LIFETIME membership with STO in Beta
I only got to lv 11 and to tha point I LOVED the game. I could not wait to hit lv45 so I could go and do OPEN PVP as thay did in COH and COV. I never gave it a second thought, why mess with perfection I thought. Now I hope thay put in something that I thought was ALREADY in.