Lt. Commander
# 1 Super Secret Season 3 Project
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
IF the super secret project is sector space overhaul without including the bridge travel and functionality, I would say that was the biggest argument to revise sector space so you could navigate and have functionality from you ship interior. To just do a revamp on exploration seem like tossing rocks at a tank, far short of any victory in the right direction. Exploration should be out there, but to just do that is robbing the opportunity to do it right the first time!

This is a ailment that Cryptic suffers from on a repeated basis until we step up and tell them, yeah sounds great, but far from ideal. If your going to devote the time get bridge navigation and functionality in there or you setting your selves up for failure.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2010, 08:18 PM
I am completely sure bridge navigation will not be part of Season 3, or any other season in the foreseeable future.

I recall Cryptic saying that the do not want this game to be a simulator, and the way their game is set up, Ship does not interact with ground. While I am sure they can do it, I am also sure its not worth the effort, when there is so much more they can fix that will be a better fit, and more worth the money and time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 12:57 AM
im sorry i dont want another bridge commander game , just like im guessing you wouldnt like another Star trek armada game (my fav game)
So i hope & pray the super secret project is to give us WAR .. oh & while there at it un`nerf the klings please
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't really get the "I don't want it so no one should have" attitudes.

Adding basic bridge flight doesn't turn the game into a sim, it just allows someone on the bridge to fly from x to y. Hardly game breaking, hardly a simulation, its just an extension of sector space and really its something that should have been there from day one.

I would like to see the war improved as well, specificaly some capture and hold regions, though I must admit I would rather they add the Romulans and have fed and kdf re-form an alliance so its fed+kdf vs Romulans+someone else ... that means all of sector space could finally be opened up to KDF, and the newer "bad guy" faction would better fit the mold of being mostly PVP.

At the very least, I really hope the sector map improvements allow sector space cloaking and still opens up the map to KDF. I think its stupid that we can't even go to cardy space, for example, and I would very much like to see DS9 finally opened to us. Sure its a Starfleet base now, but its primary function is a trading depot for Bajor, so even while at war it makes sense that Klingons are still visiting it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2010, 02:20 AM
well im sorry but i feel there are better things that the time & money that something like what the OP is asking for could be spent on.
For one fixing the bloody bugs the game has had from the beta.
& giving people something to play for (war) which was used to advertise the game.
& sorry but as it stands just now the pvp side of this game sucks & that is what is needing love .
not the eye candy of being able to say ooh im capt of this ship i want to sit on my bridge while going from point a to point b.

was this game not advertised as an MMO ? or was it advertised as an RPG ? because if it was advertised as an RPG i must have missed that.

P.s im sorry if my post sounds harsh but im just getting sick & tired of the fed only players that come on here demanding with there i want posts.
I play both sides (i prefer my kling side) klingons have been stuffed from the start & looks like thats going to continue .

I have 3 kling toons & not been able to complete a set of pvp dailys on any of them for 4 days now
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Why did you make 2 threads?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2010, 04:32 AM
whats up with spaming the forums with the same thread?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Why not copy paste this thread a few more times?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
well im sorry but i feel there are better things that the time & money that something like what the OP is asking for could be spent on.
For one fixing the bloody bugs the game has had from the beta.
& giving people something to play for (war) which was used to advertise the game.
& sorry but as it stands just now the pvp side of this game sucks & that is what is needing love .
not the eye candy of being able to say ooh im capt of this ship i want to sit on my bridge while going from point a to point b.

was this game not advertised as an MMO ? or was it advertised as an RPG ? because if it was advertised as an RPG i must have missed that.

P.s im sorry if my post sounds harsh but im just getting sick & tired of the fed only players that come on here demanding with there i want posts.
I play both sides (i prefer my kling side) klingons have been stuffed from the start & looks like thats going to continue .

I have 3 kling toons & not been able to complete a set of pvp dailys on any of them for 4 days now
While I agree with some of what you're saying, you should also realise that Cryptic's STO "team" is not one group of devs, it is split into many different departments who each deal with entirely seperate parts of the game. Adding something like bridge functionality does not necesserily dettract away from other things being fixed or added like PVP as they are likely to be dealt with by differing groups.

As is stands, bridge functionality is not "eye candy". For a LOT of players, especialy the trekkies (the game's primary niche market), bridge functionality (at least in a very basic form) should have been a requirement from day one.

For the record, I only play a KDF character myself so I know your pain, but the PVP changes are already on Tribble and will probably go live sometime this week, so at least that is one thing ticked off the list. By the way, there is a way around the current bugs:

If your daily is to join capture matches, join a capture match with the lowest queue first, then join the map with the highest queue. The first join the system drops, which is why you may get the "you are not in the queue" error if the game starts, as where the second join sticks and so long as that game starts first, you'll be in. You can also leave the initial game once you've joined the second to make sure it doesn't start first. I've been doing it this way for a week now and have been getting into matches pretty quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
I don't really get the "I don't want it so no one should have" attitudes.

Adding basic bridge flight doesn't turn the game into a sim, it just allows someone on the bridge to fly from x to y. Hardly game breaking, hardly a simulation, its just an extension of sector space and really its something that should have been there from day one.
And I dont have that attitude. My entire point is that there are better things to spend time and money on than something that their game is not designed to do. I would rather three months worth of design and coding be put to fixing bugs, enhancing memory alpha, making Klingon faction complete, and making sector space more interesting, among other things, than being put entirely into figuring out how to combine ground and space in an engine not designed to do so. Most people would rather see that as well.