Lt. Commander
I am so tired of waiting for just some hint of respectable clothes to wear....I thought that with the new formal wear coming out that I would finally have a decent dress to wear..but...once again...I was mislead....Every one of the new dresses have a slit that runs all the way up to your hips....I wouldn't be caught dead in such a trashy outfit and the miniskirts aren't any better....How about a normal looking gown..that doesn't look like you are the daughter of a Solid Gold Dancer...

As a quick mention.....they should of fixed the bugs first and put new content in second...everyone is leaving....

Sincerely,

Frankie

A Woman on the Edge....

Bring a little taste and class back to STO....Rally at 9

Lt. Commander
# 2 Classin up the joint
08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macer666 View Post
I am so tired of waiting for just some hint of respectable clothes to wear....I thought that with the new formal wear coming out that I would finally have a decent dress to wear..but...once again...I was mislead....Every one of the new dresses have a slit that runs all the way up to your hips....I wouldn't be caught dead in such a trashy outfit and the miniskirts aren't any better....How about a normal looking gown..that doesn't look like you are the daughter of a Solid Gold Dancer...

As a quick mention.....they should of fixed the bugs first and put new content in second...everyone is leaving....

Sincerely,

Frankie

A Woman on the Edge....

Bring a little taste and class back to STO....Rally at 9

I don't know what you're getting so worked up about, they used to show broads in that kind of getup all the time on the shows. Don't even get started on Troi, Seven of Nine, and "sensual Vulcan" T'Pol routinely wearing Starfleet-issue Victoria's Secret as a uniform. I hope beach-wear is next!

On a more serious note, you do realize it's an off-duty costume and therefore completely optional to purchase, not a declaration of the state of the women's liberation movement? If you're this concerned about the attire options outside of Starfleet uniforms and a few c-store items, you may wish to try Second Life which features a vibrant fashion community as well as many quality Star Trek roleplay groups. I don't mean to threadcrap and I'm not trying to be hateful, but you have to admit it's Star Trek Online, which is not exactly conducive to high fashion. Development-hour for development-hour, the (reduced) team's time is far better spent on the long-running bugs we're all struggling with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
So don't wear a trashy outfit. Wear a uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
A couple of reasons actually... because every single standard STO fed outfit is already conservative as it can get. Also, lets not beat around the bush, MOST STO players are male who want to see their female characters looking hot. Blunt I know, but it's true.

Honestly, if you want to not look like an intergalactic space *****, then just stick with the standard uniform. Women characters in Star Trek wore various uniforms throughout the genre. Ohura wore a mini skirt and didn't seem bothered by it. Even Jadzia Dax (During the tribble episode) was quoted as loving the cute miniskirts of days past... Yet in her regular day to day shifts on DS9, she wore the standard uniform with pants. Diana Troy spent a LOT of time wearing some of the shortest skirts I have EVER seen in the series and she was SIZZLING hot... but she traded in her mini for a pantsuit.

All I am saying is yeah... guys who play females are going to dress them (more often than not) as scadalously and gratuitously as possible. The few that don't are more enlightened than most, and the rest are girls. I am guilty myself of being a guy that likes a nice short micro mini... so sue me. I also played Tomb Raider for the same love of tantalizing polygons. LOL

The STO team, just like any other company are out to make MOOOOOOOOO-NAY! So of course they are going to put things out that is going to appeal to the greatest amount of players possible to make the most MOOOO-NAY they can. Unfortunately, that means the minority (Actual GIRLS) are sort of neglected. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 5 jeje
08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
lets not beat around the bush
*immature snicker*
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
not all women want to wear TRASHY Outfits
Evidently from looking at TOS- nobody told Gene that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macer666 View Post
hey should of fixed the bugs first and put new content in second...everyone is leaving....
Sometimes it feel like I am repeating myself over and over.

I feel your pain, we all want new clothing, but the dev team consists of different groups of developers, all working on different aspects of the game, all working independantly of each other.

The team involved in creating new assets like clothing is predominantly the art department who have absolutely no interaction whatsoever with fixing bugs unless the bug is specificaly related to art, which is typicaly highly unlikely.

Even the art department itself is then further split into devs on different jobs, like CapnLogan working specificaly on ship models (and consequently is probably the only art dev actually working on bugs) which removes the various art devs even further from the scheduling of fixing and improving the existing game.

The majority of bug fixing is predominantly the duty of the respective coding and QA teams as the majority of bugs relates specificaly to coding issues.

Seriously, adding new costumes has absolutely no impact on the overal dev team's ability to fix bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-18-2010, 06:31 AM
OK, you get a little respect for asking for more 'professional' looking cloths. Yes, the uniforms are a little more conservative, but I never looked at any other uniforms, it's a war game and I don't intent to go to dances and the 'captains table'..so any good uniform is OK with me. Of course I'm not a woman, but I'm sure there are other uniforms to get so there's a choice,I did see a team on an away mission where the captain was dressed in standard uniform and his 'mates' were all women in what was next to bikinis,lol. so boys will be boys, or girls...as the case may be.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
A couple of reasons actually... because every single standard STO fed outfit is already conservative as it can get. Also, lets not beat around the bush, MOST STO players are male who want to see their female characters looking hot. Blunt I know, but it's true.
No it's not, I just try to roleplay a woman that likes to cloth herself nice...
Ah, okay, who am I kidding.

(That said, as much as I love the mirror universe and TOS uniforms with those skirts and that nice MU top... I can't use it seriously. For Risa it would work great, it would work on a Orion in the KDF, but not for a Starfleet officer.)

Still, I am disappointed by the 21st Century Formal Wear. Doesn't really look that nice to me. Could use more work and more options.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser711
it's a war game
STO is not a war game, it is an RPG. To quote wiki:

Quote:
A role-playing game (RPG) is a broad family of games in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.[1] Actions taken within the game succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[2]
The ability to adjust your character's clothing is a fundamental aspect of character development, one of the primary definitives of an RPG, and so asking for a dress (so long as the dress fits the setting) is just as acceptable as asking for a new type of torpedo or a new ship.

This is just another case of "I don't want it so no one should have it".