Lt. Commander
# 21
08-18-2010, 10:45 PM
that would be interesting just for lulz
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Great....We have feminists playing this game! What's next PETA comes in and gripes about the fish in our ready room?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-19-2010, 09:16 AM
The fish in the ready room are fake so no worries about PETA, and it might seem odd, but it's true if they try to cater to everyone, then skimpy outfits for males is asking the same as skimpy outfits for females, cannon not withstanding. It seems on the TV shows and movies, they wanted all the male watchers to come and bring a date or something, so there was lots of skin showing, and lets not mention that they used the same deal on TV to get watchers every week..lol. So skimpy outfits are sort of the rule.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazick
Well there is clearly a request here for an outfit which doesn't show skin from C-Store etc by the OP...and I believe I just requested skimpy male outfits! I want my Andorian in Speedo's please...
Yes, if women's outfits can show skin, why not the men's? Why do we gals always have to miss out? More speedos, and yesterday, please!

As for the OP, I wouldn't mind some more classy clothes for RPing in as well. My character isn't a slutty dabo girl, she's an elegant Starfleet captain. I'd like her off-duty clothes to reflect some class as well--perhaps an elegant evening gown that doesn't show everything. I don't care about the fact that Gene made all the gals half naked in his show. If people want to play that way, that's fine, and yes, I do have some of my gals in the miniskirts because they have the legs for them. However, I'd also like some pretty evening wear that doesn't say 'lady of the evening wear, hourly rates available' on the label somewhere.

It's about choices here. Sure, have the sexy scanty red-light wear for those who want it, but also add in some discreet pieces that cover a little more and say 'beauty and elegance', too.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
I agree with your assessment of the overall subject and your point is taken... but even IF there were no mini-skirts or middy tank tops in this game, I really don't think it would have any impact on the overall "RPG"ness of the game. Lets be serious, if EVERY character wore the SAME EXACT CLOTHES... not much variety, but the game would still have just as many role-play elements to it.

The RP is up to the players, not their characters clothes (or lack thereof) LOL
In the strictest sense "Role Play", sure, but in a general sense of an "RPG" clothing is one of many important aspects of character customisation and, therefore, character development (the two are intertwined).

RPG, and to some degree Role Play in general, is fundamentaly about immersion.

If you can immerse in the game, and the characters in the game, you are part-way to an RPG experience. Clothing clearly is a factor for immersion.

Having people running around in Risa clothing while on Rura Penthe, for example, is clearly as much of a potential immersion breaker as seing the Death Star in orbit.

So even though I'm not a female, and do not play a female character, I fully support the OP's request because for the reason of assisting immersion, as well as the fact that more variation can never be a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
For the record, I would like to say that I admire women that wear trashy outfits and thank them for brightening my day both in real life and by way of animated pixels...

I do find the topic a little sexist and overly cosmetic, in that you don't see us guys running around complaining about being objectified in the form of Orion men with bulging biceps, bare chests, and huge cod pieces that we will never admit to not being able to measure up to.

You see, not all of us are Dean from that vamp show... We only complain about being objectified by fat people or something we don't want touching us even mentally.

All that said, I would support some professional looking outfits for everyone for appearances sake so we can present just the right picture of how we are feeling at a given event or day.

TY.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
They make dresses without slits??? Seeee, you do learn something new everyday.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazick
I think the OP's point isn't that anybody is forcing her, just that the options of this game, and let's face it, most games where you can change clothing, or see clothing, well females get's less cloth for their money don't they?

Someone said earlier bluntly, that it's a majoritvly male community who want to see it, and it's true...But I think that just shows the sad state of people today...I mean honestly, who get's their rocks off watching some skimpy Orion Pixle character on STO barely dressed...I mean let's face it, if you wanna get all excited by half naked things, or heaven forbid, fully naked things on the internet there are actual websites for that kind of stuff, hell if you did the right google search you'll probably find real naked green women.
I had a posting with an idea about the option to turn off all other player uniforms for your screen only, and set up those uniforms the way you see fit according to the era/timeline of Star Trek that you enjoy most. Frankly, I got stomped on a little with that posting. As that post turned out, it seems that not only do guys LIKE to have their ladies dressed scantily, but they also like making everyone else view their scantily clad lady, even if we don't want to. Sad really.

Frankly, it makes no sense to me to see scantily clad "CAPTAINS" running around Stardock. You would never have seen that in Star Trek series (a captain of a starship wearing such things). The ONLY reason that they had them in the shows in the first place was frankly to get more viewers to watch the show... and to cater to the viewers who watched it most.. men.

Having said all that, there is no doubt in my mind that there must be lots of players who get off on pixelated sensual avatars (may I be so bold as to say it like it is).. or else it really wouldn't be in the game now would it? So, something must erk their eye chemicals a little when they see their own scantily clad booty walking around all night.

Another point:
Show me ONE CAPTAIN of a starfleet or Klingon Vessel that wears this attire. You won't find one. What you WILL find, is that the Bridge Officers do wear mini skirts and tight-fitting 'uniforms'. So, I'm going to suggest that the scantily clad attire be limited to BO's Only (unless they want to wear it as Off-Duty clothing), just as it was in the actual show. Purely in a RP standpoint, it only makes more sense... even if I know it'll never get changed, and I'm sure I'll get reafed for even posting such an objection as this.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Actually wearing mini-skirts on female toons is dangerous. I once got a pm saying : "YouŽre hot". I considered telling the slightly confused and obviously hormonally challenged guy that i wasnŽt actually female, but then iŽd rather ignored it.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Some the TOS cloths
08-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
I'm a big fan of TOS myself and always want to see more of those outfits show up in the game.
That way my joined-trill can spend her off time reminiscing / reliving her glory days in the good ol' 23rd century.
  • Vulcan dress from "Amok Time" here
  • Mara's Klingon Uniform from "Day of the Dove" here and here
  • Dress from Stratos here and here
  • Not exactly the best from "Is There In Truth No Beauty?" but including it anyway here and here
  • Three dresses from "Mudd's Women" here and here
  • The Grecian inspired dress from "Who Mourns for Adonis" here and here
  • And it's Roman inspired (???) cousin from "Bread and Circuses" here
  • Kara's outfit from "Spock's Brain" here, here, and here
  • Coveralls here
  • Something related here and here
  • Fabrini dress & hairdo here and here - we need that hairdo BTW.
  • Psychedelic number from "Wink of an Eye" here and here
  • The two-toned bit from "Shore Leave" with earrings dress here and earrings close up
  • Nice dress from "Requiem for Methuselah" here and here
  • Assortment of odds and ends from various episodes here, here, herebert, here, and here
  • Cant' leave out one of my TOS favorites, the Romulan Commander from "The Enterprise Incident"
    her uniform here,
    her dress here, here and here
  • And lastly the fashions of Elaan of Troyius (and why not add that hairdo as well?) :
    dress #1 here and here,
    dress #2 here and here and here,
    dress #3 here and here,
    and my favorite of her's dress #4 here

So what among these does the forum think are worth having in game???
Here are some the TOS cloths. Stole form a post in the C-Store Section.Men's cloth outside Starfleet are little lame. They are just jumpsuits of one version or another in TOS. When I brought up a TOS cloth set up the only one that came up was Kirks green shirt from season two for men.