Lt. Commander
# 41
08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macer666 View Post
I am so tired of waiting for just some hint of respectable clothes to wear....I thought that with the new formal wear coming out that I would finally have a decent dress to wear..but...once again...I was mislead....Every one of the new dresses have a slit that runs all the way up to your hips....I wouldn't be caught dead in such a trashy outfit and the miniskirts aren't any better....How about a normal looking gown..that doesn't look like you are the daughter of a Solid Gold Dancer...

As a quick mention.....they should of fixed the bugs first and put new content in second...everyone is leaving....

Sincerely,

Frankie

A Woman on the Edge....

Bring a little taste and class back to STO....Rally at 9

Trust me not every man wants women that look like street walkers BUT having said that some of the free off duty clothes provide for some reserved and decent looking outfits. I've managed to create several outfits w/ the free off duty clothes that go from casual to what I consider elegant and all my females are well covered up. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the C-store outfits look bad but they seem more suited for a night of clubbing and partying where as you seem to be looking for a more understated modest attire.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-27-2010, 08:10 AM
The ordinary pant suit uniforms aren't trashy in the least for male or female characters .It's what I use for crew. They are military officers. Even keep the hair cuts regulation...

Especially considering the crew sitting bug where the skirted women look like they are playing with themselves because of the animation (there are pics available to show it.) That needs to be fixed.

I could see and sympathize with you complaining over that.

The party wear is just optional stuff. What's the "real" complaint here? You want Victorian dresses or something? Then ask for those. But lambasting people over the formal wear "looking trashy" is just silly.

Though I'd agree it looks more like party wear. Not enough black.

I simply do not take the game seriously enough to be offended over "party wear."
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
STO is not a war game, it is an RPG. To quote wiki:

The ability to adjust your character's clothing is a fundamental aspect of character development, one of the primary definitives of an RPG,
Maybe a Computer RPG. Clothing has little effect in pen & paper roleplaying games - you can describe it in any detail and with any looks you want, it's still all in your head and whether the other players actually remember your description or not is questionable in many cases.