Lt. Commander
Now before you all go bashing me for not being patient with the repair schedule let me preface my post with this comment.
I have tickets that have been open for over 100 days with no resolution, not even updates - that's over 3 months (x 15.00/mo = 45.00).
You all know most of the missions that I'm talking about - missing enemies or crew, buried objects, etc. These are not what I'm griping about.
I am griping about the very evident lack of response we players get from the repair team.
I am talking about 1 mission in particular that is pushing me over the edge.
I have over 100 completed mission to Delta Volanis. I have credit for nine. I have over 2000 Badges to support this claim. (2321 badges divided by 75 badges each = 30.94 completions x 3 missions each = 92.84 individual missions) All awarded after the "needs" mission first appeared.
I have not been able to complete the "Needs of the Many" mission since it became available because I cannot get the "Aid the Planet" Mission in DV. I also have not been able to access any Diplomatic Corps missions. I suspect that the issues are linked.
I've submitted the ticket multiple times and all I ever get is the standard, canned response. Never any new Information, never any updates, never even a response that says anything other than the copy/paste retoric. I have dropped and re-aquired the mission probably a dozen times.
So, my question to any Devs pretending to listen to the community is this - What is an appropiate time to wait for ANY of this stuff to get fixed? How long before Cryptic deceides it's not fixable?
I have to say with two of the main people invloved with STO having left recently, I am concerned that there is more to the community gripes than what we really hear.
When will someone, anyone give us an answer? (yes I understand that code repair is not something you can predict with any accuracy and I understand that there are MANY problems, I understand that this is a MMO launch and all of that mess) I just want to see some progress on the issues that have been plaguing us since day one.
Player will vote with thier wallets soon. Which is the horns of my dilemma - I love Star Trek and I enjoy STO for the most part, but how frustrating is it to see the same old problems with no progress day after day after day... The two friends I came to STO with have already left and gone back to WoW. I told them, just hang in there, stuff will get fixed... now I am finding my confidence shaken. I too am believing that we are forsaken on this point. I have to believe that is what it is because the alternatives are that we are ignored and STO really is a money sink or that the Devs are incompetent and just don't care. And since I don't think that the Dev's a morons, that leaves the Cryptic/Atari money pit idea...
I'll close this by saying that Gene would be disappointed. I really feel that he would - in his universe money is not the focus in life - but it appears to be in STO.
Maybe Shatner and Priceline will come to the rescue and we can name our own price...:p
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I can deal with the copypasta "thanks for letting us know" replies to tickets.
I can deal with the copypasta "we are aware of this issue" replies to tickets.
I can deal with waiting 8 to 14 hours for a GM response.

I CAN'T deal with is them leaving episodes or features which have game breaking, or show stopping bugs, still running in game.
I CAN'T deal with trying the same STF 6 times and being told "go back to sector space and wait 15 minutes."
I CAN'T deal with posting bug reports for these issues on the forums and not getting a dev response.

Actually, its not that I can't deal with it. It's we shouldn't have to. I clearly remember in closed beta they'd pop up an automated admin message in game "Stay away from X system, its broken and you wont be able to leave." It's not hard to make a message say "Captains! Stay away from Terradome at this time, the STF has a critical error and will be working again soon." or "PvP queues are currently experiancing a technical problem, our engineers are working to resolve this issue"

or...

Anything.

It's the vacuum that ****es me off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Actually, its not that I can't deal with it. It's we shouldn't have to.

It's the vacuum that ****es me off.
Yes! Exactally!
Most people are pretty patient and understanding - gamers more so than most I think.
This really feels like we are being ignored.
Keeping your troops informed is the best way to overcome the Fog of War. The fog breeds misinformation, misinformation breeds contempt and fear, fear causes panic... (and blue balls) And any establishment, structure, organization will not last long under those conditions.
People will only accept so much.
"Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Why on earth can't we just get real updates to issues? Why can't we get some of these LONG term issued FIXED.
If these things can't be fixed and really are being ignored then Cryptic has built a house of cards.
I really think that Cryptic doesn't get Trek and what they are messing with. Most players right now are playing (IMO) just because it's TREK, not because it's Cryptic. Trekkers are known to be fanatical and will not long tolerate this level of support - or the lack thereof.
I am really beginning to believe that Cryptic, Atari and Paramount (do they still own the rights?) are just making as much cash as they can before this MMO crashes and fades to dust as another failed attempt to use a HUGE franchise to turn a quick profit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Pssst... They just said, prior to season 2's debut, that they'll be spending time fixing old bugs and broken systems, instead of introducing a lot of new content. Pass it on...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
I can deal with the copypasta "thanks for letting us know" replies to tickets.
I can deal with the copypasta "we are aware of this issue" replies to tickets.
I can deal with waiting 8 to 14 hours for a GM response.

I CAN'T deal with is them leaving episodes or features which have game breaking, or show stopping bugs, still running in game.
I CAN'T deal with trying the same STF 6 times and being told "go back to sector space and wait 15 minutes."
I CAN'T deal with posting bug reports for these issues on the forums and not getting a dev response.
I agree.

Quote:
Actually, its not that I can't deal with it. It's we shouldn't have to.
Yup. Again, I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Pssst... They just said, prior to season 2's debut, that they'll be spending time fixing old bugs and broken systems, instead of introducing a lot of new content. Pass it on...
They've had how long to fix ... oh I don't know ... the tricorder scanning "issue" that Klingon Exploration missons have?

Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They've had how long to fix ... oh I don't know ... the tricorder scanning "issue" that Klingon Exploration missons have?

Have they ever acknowledged that one? Besides, that's a bug from before the new regime.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

Careful, Chum. You're starting to sound like me.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Show me
08-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
I'm originally from Missouri - SHOW ME.

I have more confidence in our government right now,

I do hope that this is true. I really do. I LOVE Star Trek and I am overwhelmed when I think about what this game COULD be.

I will wait and see...
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm actually questioning my sanity with regards to Cryptic atm.

If I went into a Shop and bought say, a Washing machine, I'd be given a receipt, a guarentee, my rights are protected to return the object legally in my country for a specified amount of time. If the object was faulty in anyway, even if it washed my clothes, but I couldn't press this button, or this LED didn't light up I'd march straight back to the shop I bought it from and demand a refund or a replacement. I'd be given the complaints department to deal with, or customer services who would speak to me in length, personally, about the issue at hand and they'd do their very best to resolve the issue with me...

So why is it I'm paying an online company month after month for a faulty product that doesn't work properly to my standards? The have a complaints department that completly ignores me with no chance of a refund, no reciets, or anything. What's worse is things like Bug's they expect me to report myself! Now I'm not unreasonable, I can report the odd bug, just like I'd point out in the store that the LED on my washing machine wasn't working...But if some store assistant asked me to tell them what was wrong with the washing machine when it's door had fallen off, all the buttons did different things and it spat out mud instead of water I'd have them against the wall! Not to mention if thousands of people had the exact same problem and had reported it previously...

Most companies would do a product recall and compensate the customers...Cryptic? They ignore us and let us carry on...I mean why am I not cancelling my subscription and boycotting the company like I would for anything else...more to the question, why aren't we all?