Lt. Commander
# 21
09-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Yup, yup. Grindy Grind Grinderson.

As for your sig, you sure have imporved the Stonewall Diplo Guide since the last time I looked at it. Looks great!
Yea, I did a major formatting update about 2 weeks ago. The next time we get a new mission type will likely have another formatting update.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I wish the Exploration Missions would adjust to your Carreer.

As example:

- A tactical officer gets more Enemie Confrontation
- An Engineer gets more Gather Data & Scan Vessel, and probably some Groundmissions like "Access Computer"
- A Science Officer should get more Aid the Planet, Scan Flora and Scan Noncoorperate Entity

But currently the STO World is up-side down. Tactical Officers complaining about Aid the Planet and Scan Plant Missions they get all the time...

And guess what I get all the time. Right. Enemies Confrontation or Kill stuff...

Lt. Commander
# 23
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Truthfully, I didn't know which way I wanted to go with STO. PvP gets boring and finishing all the STFs was fun until repetitious runs became the norm.
When I saw the Diplomatic Corps was formed, I thought it would be a different experience than the 'Explore the <insert star cluster/belt/expanse here>' I had been getting all along, a way to branch out; but no. Same grind, just lots more of 'em, and ultimately for what, since the Transwarp is nothing special (because of the Excelsior Retrofit) anymore, the bridge officer candidate I had to retrain, and where is this special Transwarp Token that is supposedly available on a vendor in DS9 that I have yet to find?
I haven't really complained much about this game, as I realize gamers like me will invest in it, get to the level caps, then complain about it. It's a built-in 'Catch-22' for game developers: Your core gamers, despite admiring all your handiwork in visualizing it, programming it, and putting it out there to be played, will never be satisfied. I temper my criticisms of STO by giving these guys/gals their due. And my humble apologies!
Give me some more on the FDC, though. I believe a lot of people are saying the same!
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff_Tannen_Jr
...Give me some more on the FDC, though. I believe a lot of people are saying the same!
I agree with ya. Especially this last line. Devs surely don't get the credit they deserve. And it's always faster to play through new content then to generate it. Still, can't wait for more FDC dedicated data.

Ideally, someday, there will be enough FDC missions that a new player can purposefully only accept FDX giving missions and advance all the way to Ambassador and get to Starfleet rank of Captain or so.

Someday....
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I think one problem of the First Contact missions is that they seem to be 100 % random, instead of having a "guided" randommess.

Give each race some traits/keywords and give each dialogue option traits/keywords. Then ensure that races can only get options for their traits. This could create to a realitive consistent image of an individual race, even though the palyer might at some point notice similar dialogue options. (That's inevitable, ultimately.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
The Bridge Officer reward is weak they are white common. As a VA1 I only use blue or purple.
They work just fine for space combat bridge officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
The coolest reward (in a purely geeky way), is that as Ambassador, you get access to a Klingon Faction Bridge Officer. Now it's only a Common BOff, so don't expect any amazing traits, but you do get access to the Klingon clothing. This includes the option to make a scantly clad Orion Slave Girl. Mine is shy and even if assigned to the Bridge, she never shows up (making it difficult for me to show her off ). Oh well, still gets a thumbs up! !

Ok so now Im an Ambassador....how do i get this exactly? Hubba Hubba
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Ok so now Im an Ambassador....how do i get this exactly? Hubba Hubba

Congrats on the promotion. To get your 'Hubba Hubba' Girl... Go to Sol and talk to Jiro in Admiral Quinn's office. Jiro gives you a special single-use doo-dad (I forget what they call it) that gives you credit for the BO. He then becomes a "vendor" (has a store) from which you can buy your new recruit. Once purchased, the new BO joins your crew just like any other BO. Make sure you have a slot open.

Once purchased you can visit the tailor and make any (in)appropriate costume/appearance changes.

Another thing of note, if you want an Orion Slave Girl that has both the Seduce and Seductive racial traits (which I recommend), you have to pick either a Tac or Eng officer. The Sci version is missing one of those (the Seduce, I think) and instead has Mental Discipline.

Seduce is cool, it's basically a land version of Scramble Sensors. She blows a kiss at a foe and it starts attacking his friends for a time. Especially funny to see Borg do that.

More Diplo BO Info here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=176044
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:

Congrats on the promotion. To get your 'Hubba Hubba' Girl... Go to Sol and talk to Jiro in Admiral Quinn's office. Jiro gives you a special single-use doo-dad (I forget what they call it) that gives you credit for the BO. He then becomes a "vendor" (has a store) from which you can buy your new recruit. Once purchased, the new BO joins your crew just like any other BO. Make sure you have a slot open.

Once purchased you can visit the tailor and make any (in)appropriate costume/appearance changes.

Another thing of note, if you want an Orion Slave Girl that has both the Seduce and Seductive racial traits (which I recommend), you have to pick either a Tac or Eng officer. The Sci version is missing one of those (the Seduce, I think) and instead has Mental Discipline.

Seduce is cool, it's basically a land version of Scramble Sensors. She blows a kiss at a foe and it starts attacking his friends for a time. Especially funny to see Borg do that.

More Diplo BO Info here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=176044
Thats what i m after amigo
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-06-2010, 09:56 AM
bump to support FDC improvement