Lt. Commander
# 11
08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveywavey View Post
Several hours for just the cheapest?! You must be doing something wrong!

I spent about 45mins when I did it, and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive. 45 mins of effort, and EC don't really mean much anyway cos everyone has so many, to acquire something that lasts 30mins and looks fun and funky. Awesome.
Just did and charted 100 spins... Made 17400 GPL, that averages out to 174 GPL per spin (300 EC's per spin = 30,000 EC's per 100 = 1.73 EC's per 1 GPL). That included 5 - 1000 GPL Dabo's. It took me 59 Minutes to do 100 spins, so lets just say an hour for 18,000 GPL. That means it would take on average, 7.5 hours of Dabo playing to make 135,000 GPL if all you hit were the 1k Dabo's (less obviously if you hit the larger Dabo's).

For you to have been able to buy both the lowest cost emitter, and the most expensive emitter (total, 135k GPL) in about 45 minutes of play, you would have had to average around 1500 gpl per spin or win a lot of 15k or one 100k and several 15k Dabo's. So, to be blunt, you either got lucky (possible) or are a bald faced liar (probable, and what I am more inclined to believe than the former).

Proof is in the pudding.

Have A Nice Day.... Cupcake.

P.S. Once again, the Emitters last 15 minutes (not 30), so I suspect because you seem unable to even know what duration they actually are, that you have never bought one, and therefore your statements, as a whole, are false.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
So bub, what you said was pure fabrication and ********. Go tout your particular brand of idiocy somewhere else if the best you can come up with is ******** backed up by wishful thinking.
Quote:
For you to have been able to buy both the lowest cost emitter, and the most expensive emitter (total, 135k GPL) in about 45 minutes of play, you would have had to average around 1500 gpl per spin or win a lot of 15k or one 100k and several 15k Dabo's. So, to be blunt, you either got lucky (possible) or are a bald faced liar (probable, and what I am more inclined to believe than the former).

Proof is in the pudding.

Have A Nice Day.... Cupcake.
Maybe I did got lucky, but a LOT of people were also getting 100k Dabo's in the short time I was there, so maybe it was just you getting unlucky. That you're more inclined to believe that I'm a liar/idiot/dreamer tells a lot about your character. I was merely ponting out that just cos you hadn't got lucky, doesn't mean the whole thing is worthless/broken.

Quote:
P.S. Once again, the Emitters last 15 minutes (not 30), so I suspect because you seem unable to even know what duration they actually are, that you have never bought one, and therefore your statements, as a whole, are false.
I'll copy a bit of my post again for you...

"and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive."

That's 2 Holo Emitters. At 15mins each. The cheapest AND (I'll write it again for you) AND the most expensive. Now, read this bit slowly, cos it might help it make more sense for you.
2 x 15 = 30
That's right. Because 15 + 15 = 30. If you need an adult to add it up for you, that's fine. So for the 45mins I spent, I got 30mins of Holo Emitters. Because 2 x 15 = 30. 2 Holo Emitters at 15mins each, adds up to 30mins of Holo Emitters. Get 15 beans, and add 15 more beans, and then add up how many beans you have. You'll find (if you were able to count the 15 beans out well enough) that you'll have 30 beans. Because 15 + 15 = 30.

Now, since you seem unable to even know basic arithmetic, and that you suck at Dabo, therefore your statements, as a whole, are pointless.

Thanks for stopping by... Cupcake.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Maybe I did got lucky, but a LOT of people were also getting 100k Dabo's in the short time I was there, so maybe it was just you getting unlucky. That you're more inclined to believe that I'm a liar/idiot/dreamer tells a lot about your character. I was merely ponting out that just cos you hadn't got lucky, doesn't mean the whole thing is worthless/broken.
I've spent over 4 hours playing dabo and not seen a single person win a 100k dabo, and know of no one else who has even managed it once, never mind managed it several times, so I too find your statement highly unlikely.

Over the course of play, judging by my own dabos and those around me, it averages around 1 dabo per-player every 30-60 minutes at best, so I fail to see how someone could be getting 100k dabos more frequently when even the lowest dabo has a fairly low chance rate.

Additionaly, using your own argument, just because you had apparently gotten lucky doesn't mean the whole thing is not worthless/broken.

Have fun, cupcake.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:

I'll copy a bit of my post again for you...

"and was then able to buy the cheapest Holo Emitter and the most expensive."

That's 2 Holo Emitters. At 15mins each. The cheapest AND (I'll write it again for you) AND the most expensive. Now, read this bit slowly, cos it might help it make more sense for you.
2 x 15 = 30
That's right. Because 15 + 15 = 30. If you need an adult to add it up for you, that's fine. So for the 45mins I spent, I got 30mins of Holo Emitters. Because 2 x 15 = 30. 2 Holo Emitters at 15mins each, adds up to 30mins of Holo Emitters. Get 15 beans, and add 15 more beans, and then add up how many beans you have. You'll find (if you were able to count the 15 beans out well enough) that you'll have 30 beans. Because 15 + 15 = 30.

Now, since you seem unable to even know basic arithmetic, and that you suck at Dabo, therefore your statements, as a whole, are pointless.

Thanks for stopping by... Cupcake.
1 holo emitter = 15 minutes. Nuff said. Your statement IMPLIED 30 minutes of use for one, there was no qualification there to clear up your mis-communication that you were referring to more than one. Maybe you just need a brain and need to learn how to communicate, because obviously you don't have one at all.

Now then Cupcake... you can't suck at playing Dabo because

*gasp*

It's a computer program. You lay down your chips (EC) and decide which 3 slots you want. the computer then makes the choice of where the shapes etc stop. Not you. You have nothing to do after laying down your EC and clicking your slots. Nothing. So you can't suck, or not suck. It's simply ruled by the built in law of averages for the table... coded by the devs.

The table is set up to drop 1 GPL for every 1.75 EC you lay down (the average), and guess what dumb-ass, I'm not the only one who has figured out the math for this. So yeah, I am flat out calling you a liar. Every thing you have said so far backs up that assessment.

As for my character, son. I've been online since the early 80's (i.e. back when a V.22 1200 bps modem was considered screaming fast and top of the line), and my experience over the years has shown me that when people start making wild statements like you have made, and then try to back them up with even wilder statements to 'prove' they are telling the truth... even in the face of facts that tend to discount what they are saying, they are most likely liars. I have VERY rarely been proven wrong.

So Cupcake.. again.. Have a Nice Day. Or not. I really don't care either way. Idiots like you are why freaks like Failin Palin are so popular.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Im probably being stupid but i cant even figure out how to play Dabo. I cant click the wheel in the table and i cant talk to Leeta so im stumped.

I still have 1.1 million GPL but thats from selling 3 prototype consoles lol.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
Im probably being stupid but i cant even figure out how to play Dabo. I cant click the wheel in the table and i cant talk to Leeta so im stumped.

I still have 1.1 million GPL but thats from selling 3 prototype consoles lol.
Right hand of your screen, look for the info bar that says Play Dabo. Clicky that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeidan
I think they should be reusable permanently as costly as they are. Or else lower the cost and let them be use once or x number of times.
/agree

Currently they're really overpriced and they should just be perminent use with maybe a 15 min. duration and then 1 hour cooldown or something so people don't use them all the time.

You could even make it a several hour cooldown for all I care, but once you bought them you shouldn't lose them anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Right hand of your screen, look for the info bar that says Play Dabo. Clicky that.
Do i have to stand somewhere in particular? I dont seem to get the bar coming up.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post

Over the course of play, judging by my own dabos and those around me, it averages around 1 dabo per-player every 30-60 minutes at best, so I fail to see how someone could be getting 100k dabos more frequently when even the lowest dabo has a fairly low chance rate.
The frequency of Dabos depends largely on how many people are playing if if all the slots are being bet on. When Dabo first came out and a lot of people were playing...you saw a lot of Dabo varieties being won. Now, when it is me and 1 other player at the table...you see less; but I do notice a lot of unwon dabos on the table still....it's just no one bet on that slot.

Back to the OP's argument, I have to agree. I see no real point in spending the credit to get the GPL to get the hologram. It really seems like a waste of time, and the credits I use could be better served upgrading something on my ship or ground equipment.

Right now, I only had the desire to get the dabo accolades. Now that I'm nearing completion on that...I really don't see a reason to play Dabo.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
meh you dont see any holo emitters anywhere.
Closed Thread