Lt. Commander
# 31
10-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Read my thread. Unless my thread helped build this thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...t=Holo-Emitter
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-18-2010, 12:17 PM
yeah. i just spent 5 hours and a few hundred thousand ec to get 115000pgl. im not happy. i went to try it. then i see 15min of use left. i wont use the holo now. lol ill save it for patch. mean time. consider the coin sink. ignored. it doesnt exist to me anymore. nor will it exsist to my whole fleet untill one of these fine ideas posted here is applied or somthing equaly fair in exchange for efforts and expence for rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-01-2010, 09:58 AM
They should fix the time/effort vs reward.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Incredibly ****ed to find out holoemitters are one time use. I also heard the chances of winning dabo were lowered, though I don't know if that happened before or after the OP. Either way, be it pricing, permanence, or odds, it needs to be fixed. I've spent thousands of EC, at least a couple hours, and still have less than 15k GPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Read my thread. Unless my thread helped build this thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...t=Holo-Emitter
Hate to break it to you but maybe you should read this thread. Specifically, the date of the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-21-2011, 12:01 AM
I totally agree. I've spent many hours over this past week at the Dabo wheel and have 126k GPL to show for it - but nothing to spend it on. The holo emitters seemed cool until I read the description more closely to see it was 15 minutes. Hoping the description was wrong I did a Google search on them and found this thread.

So it would seem one time use for a total time of 15 minutes is all you get for the hours and hours of mind-numbing dabo wheel clicking "Place Bet" button. Thankfully I was watch TV or movies while "playing" Dabo but now that I know the rewards I guarantee you that you won't find me sinking any credits for GPL unless the rewards change.

Once again, I'm glad I have a Lifetime membership since launch. That way I don't have to worry about the lack of fun end-game content. Don't even get me started on what they want to call "crafting."
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-02-2011, 06:46 AM
What? Use once and then they are gone? I was attempting to get more Latinum but not any more...
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-02-2011, 08:08 AM
First of all, 15 minutes game time is quite a bit unless you actually use them all the time. But, the real problem with this complaint is that it misses the reason for Dabo being in the game. Dabo is in the game because players wanted to be able to play dabo. It wasn't added as way to get Latinum so that you could buy Holo Emitters.

So, if you like playing Dabo. Play it and you'll occasionally get a little something additional in the form of a Holo Emitter, trophy, or hopefully additional items to come. However, if you don't like playing it, don't play. And surely this is part of the reason for the cost/functionality of the Holo Emitters. Playing Dabo would infact be one of the worse cases of grinding in any game if players who didn't like doing it were required to do so to obtain a very valuable or necessary item in game.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
I think the best idea would be to include in the item description the fact that the item only last 15 min. I wasted my hard earned latnium on an item that if I knew it only lasted 15 min. I would have saved the latinium for the floor trophy.

Hello Cryptic!!! How about fixing this!
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
Unless I have totally Misunderstood what people have been telling me... The Holo Emitter's are absolutely worthless. You spend X amount of time to gain X amount of an otherwise worthless item (Gold-Pressed Latinum) that you can then use to 'purchase' an extraordinarily over priced and even more worthless item that lasts...

15 minutes (and is then gone forever).

As a coin sink it works for those who have no clue the Emitters are only temporary (thus totally worthless -vs- the time/expense to gain them).

I think Cryptic needs to reconsider their options for these. As I don't like to critisize w/o also offering suggestions for improvement, let me make the following suggestions for your consideration.

A few options come to mind.

Multiple Use and Recharging.

Multiple Use:

Make the Emitters Multiple use (though still use limited).

Example,

The lower tier, make them 5 uses (15 minutes ea)
The Lower Middle tier, make them 7 uses (15 minutes ea)
The Upper Middle tier, make them 10 uses (15 minutes ea)
The Upper tier, make them 15 uses (15 minutes ea).

This puts the emitters more in line with the time/effort/cost to gain them.

Recharge:

Make the Emitters rechargeable...

For an appropriate amount of Gold-Pressed Latinum, Quark will be happy to recharge the battery on your Holo Emitter allowing you to use it again. This of course costs less than the original purchase of your Emitter, while still allowing you to re- use it.

Recharge, Multiple Use, Battery Upgrade:
(my preferred method)

Your Holo Emitter is purchased originally with a 1 use rechargeable battery, but for the appropriate amount of Gold-Pressed Latinum we can upgrade your battery to a more advanced storage unit, allowing you to use your Holo Emitters several times before the battery will need to be recharged. Higher grade Emitters require a higher grade battery and thus the more expensive emitters have more expensive batteries that can be purchased for them. And of course, they also require more energy to run, so the recharge fee is also greater.

*edit* You can also make the Holo Emitters permanent, but the Batteries use/ Recharge limited (and thus requiring your rechargeable batteries to be periodically repurchased as they wear out [much like Ni-Cads today]).

I hope these ideas are met with some approval as the current state of the Dabo prizes is so ridiculous that it is honestly not worth playing Dabo, even for the accolades.

~Captain Mando Rais Dewcap, Terran Empire.

Yes please!
Also, change it from Gold Pressed Latinum to Strips of Latinum. Bars seem far too much, and slips are too little.
EC should also be changed to Replicator Rations or something.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I'd prefer to see them NOT consumable but with an extendet cooldown.... somewhat about 4 or 5 hours. That would be still funny and not everybody would fly arround with it all day. And to keep us playing dabo there should be simply more emiters; Romulan ships, may be eben fed ships for klingons and the other way arround.... ect ect.
Closed Thread