Lt. Commander
# 1 Problem after patch
08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey if this isnt the right place to ask this, let me know

Having problems with a fatal error, error decompressing hogg files before the game has even loaded after the launcher

I turned it on earlier and began receiving the patch, progress reached 82.9% and stopped, everything on my pc was unresponsive so I had to reboot.
When I turned the pc back on I started the STO launcher and it began patching again

It completed and now everytime I click Engage, I get 1/4 of a bar on the "Cryptic Studios" loading screen and then this fatal error. something to do with a .bin hogg file about dynamove or something
It says that verifying files in the launcher can fix the issue but so far its verified everytime and still the same problem

Does anybody know how to fix this?
(I get the feeling the problem was in the crash and then the re-patch, perhaps theres an incomplete file somehwere?)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2010, 08:58 AM
i have now this bug in B'Trans after a Aid the Planet Mission that now worked wanted to do the next for the 3 i need

got: Fatal Error: Fileheader extends past end of .hogg, probably corrupt.hogg file! # 37

Technical Details:
ns/Dyn_Sc_0000_2645/bin/geobin/Maps/Star_Cluster/Space/Nxt_I/Brg/Sc_S_Brg_Nxti_Clk7_004/Sc_S_Brg_Nxti_Clk7_004.Zone/map_snap.hogg:Fileheader extens past end of . hogg, probably corrupt file! #37
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
exact same problem for me today. hogg #37

don't have tckt# atm

log back in & force verify did NOT fix problem

second force verify seems to have worked for now
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
hey guys just discovered, if you create a new file just on your desktop for convenience, then open your piggs folder in the STO files and move all of the hogg files from there into the new file on your desktop,
then open the launcher it will patch again and replace all of the files, potentially fixing any incomplete or problematic ones (I'm still re-patching so I'll update if it works or not)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah, the HOGG crash also happened to me just before. I will use Force Verify again ... lol. Third time this week.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Yeah, the HOGG crash also happened to me just before. I will use Force Verify again ... lol. Third time this week.
Does that work for you?
I tried force verify about 10 times before i discovered the moving/getting rid of the files thing and it never made a difference, still got the error
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
worked for me force verify i think
Lt. Commander
ive gotten this fatal error five times in a row. after each i let forced verify to run. no help. i then changed instances and had problems scanning and selecting missions. finally was able to run a few missions when the hogg problem show its ugly snout again. this game is becoming a real problem. not worth spending any more cash on. Cryptic couldnt fix their ass if all the had to do was stick a cork in it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Right, guys,
please listen

It works, just worked for me,

You're gonna have to go into you STO files, find the Pigg file, open it, and delete all the hogg files inside,
then unfortunately, you just gotta open the launcher and let it re-patch, everything will be put back properly and it should work for you guys too
thats what I did earlier and althout it took a while to patch, the game runs fine now
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMattCR View Post
Right, guys,
please listen

It works, just worked for me,

You're gonna have to go into you STO files, find the Pigg file, open it, and delete all the hogg files inside,
then unfortunately, you just gotta open the launcher and let it re-patch, everything will be put back properly and it should work for you guys too
thats what I did earlier and althout it took a while to patch, the game runs fine now
Until it crashes next time ... no sorry, I won't do that unless an official side has confirmed this way of action.