Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Because 9v1 world PvP (your screenshot shows 9 feds queued to your 1 klingon) would be so much better?
You have a point but i believe the OPs point is that World PvP would appeal more players, therefore no balance issues.

I doubt that will happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
I believe Open World PvP is on the "to-do list" just not on the top of it. I assume that sort of thing would take months to make and right now i doubt they have the time.

40 mins? Sure, i agree, that's not good. But the reason for that is most like because most players don't think the ground combat system is very fun (including me). That's an other issue but my main problem with ground is the skills system. Right now it feels like It's either; be good at space or be good at ground, or mediocre on both.
Take a good look at the link again, does it look like it was better in any other Q for me?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
No you are right, sitting in starbase for an almost and hour now doing nothing while waiting for a Q is better.

Fighting against the odds is nothing new to me, use to do it in SWG all the time in open world. 30 vs 8 and so on.
So, what you are saying's that playing unbalanced PvP is more fun than waiting for a balanced PvP?

I've must have misjudged you in my last post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
You have a point but i believe the OPs point is that World PvP would appeal more players, therefore no balance issues.

I doubt that will happen.
Yea i do think World pvp will be better, but my real point is, if they are going to stick to the Q system only....they have to give people a reason to Q up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
So, what you are saying's that playing unbalanced PvP is more fun than waiting for a balanced PvP?

I've must have misjudged you in my last post.
Well. As long as I am the underdog, I dont care if its unbalanced (to a point)

But, the way I see it. A Q system should supplement world pvp, not the other way around. So both should be there.

But for a Q system to truly work, you will need rewards for people will only Q (most probably) if there is a reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Yea i do think World pvp will be better, but my real point is, if they are going to stick to the Q system only....they have to give people a reason to Q up.
So you want it to have both a queue PvP system and a Open World PvP?

Then why are you arguing that queues suck? I said that Open PvP i possible in the future but, believe it or not, they can't just create a Open PvP system in a couple of days.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
No you are right, sitting in starbase for an almost and hour now doing nothing while waiting for a Q is better.
Quite honestly, they both suck, and that's my point. Open PvP is not the silver bullet solution you're implying it is by blaming this all on the existence of the queue.

The issue is one of population, and thus so will be the solution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
So you want it to have both a queue PvP system and a Open World PvP?

Then why are you arguing that queues suck? I said that Open PvP i possible in the future but, believe it or not, they can't just create a Open PvP system in a couple of days.
They do suck if that the only form of pvp. Nothing to do while you are waiting. if thereis world pvp as well, you get to pvp in the world and be Q'ed at the same time so that if World pvp dies for a bit, you can go into a BF.

You cant tell me u like waiting for Qs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Quite honestly, they both suck, and that's my point. Open PvP is not the silver bullet solution you're implying it is by blaming this all on the existence of the queue.

The issue is one of population, and thus so will be the solution.
This

Thats why I made the thread. Everyone kept saying that this new Q system was going to fix the problem. And I kept saying it wont fix the population problem. tbh, if we had enough peeps pvping in this game, the very first Q system we had should have worked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
They do suck if that the only form of pvp. Nothing to do while you are waiting. if thereis world pvp as well, you get to pvp in the world and be Q'ed at the same time so that if World pvp dies for a bit, you can go into a BF.

You cant tell me u like waiting for Qs.
Heh, there's a whole game outside PvP. I usually do my exploration Daily or some other PvE while waiting.

But I do see your point now. And I agree with it too some point.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 AM.