Lt. Commander
# 31
08-19-2010, 11:29 AM
The issue is a high learning curve to be "viable" in PvP.
People give it a shot and leave after a bit never to come back....partly because they cannot adapt fast enough to be viable, and add that to the l33t pvp'er trash talk....another one bites the dust.

That aside...it could be worse Nyrus...you could be in my Queue where some Ahole is joining the queue and filling it every minute, so he can drop and do it again....I have had the minute timer over 20 times now (every minute or so) and no game yet, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I like the queue system, it seems to work very well.

Being a KDF i find the queues nice and short. For instance i finished my C&H daily in about 45 mins max.

What's with the hate?
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
que done right is my verdict even tho we had some 5v7
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
As long as we don't focus on the really issue of the Qs being empty, who cares the Qs "work".

If someone can't add, what good would it do to teach them algebraic formulas?
The Queues also don't show people in-matches - and matches are popping more regularly. So, maybe people are playing matches more now that they work instead of re-queueing because they don't?
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Nyrus's whole guild does ground pvp. He wants more people to que up for ground. His soulution is to have a reward for pvping well that is already there in the daily's. The thing is that ground pvp is a boreing thats why so few people do it. And open pvp wont solve it. because once again most dont like doing ground
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
Nyrus's whole guild does ground pvp. He wants more people to que up for ground. His soulution is to have a reward for pvping well that is already there in the daily's. The thing is that ground pvp is a boreing thats why so few people do it. And open pvp wont solve it. because once again most dont like doing ground
I see you just can't stop following me around. But since you have a need to be around post I make lets clear things up.
Just because our fleet kicks azz on ground doesnt mean we only do ground. As a matter of fact close to half the members are space guys and most our ground folks do space with there is no ground.

But even if you were right, CHC would not be the only people here that would like to see more ground. Trying joining the PvP ground chat and you will see.

Finally, for someone to talk about PvP, they fiirst need to pvp and that excludes you. So nothing for you to see here.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-19-2010, 01:34 PM
how many threads are you going to have crying about ground pvp. if there are so many in the chat channel why arent they queing up. Most like space. Its a fact ground is a bore. If they were to make the missions more fun for the ground pvp then it would be more fun and might see a few more que up. Open pvp will only solve this issue of people queing if the goal is a fun one to do. if its like what we have now where someone that doesint pvp on the ground goes iin gets rolled by a premade group that talks trash then expect them never to go back when they can hop into space and have fun and get the rewards..
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
how many threads are you going to have crying about ground pvp. if there are so many in the chat channel why arent they queing up. Most like space. Its a fact ground is a bore. If they were to make the missions more fun for the ground pvp then it would be more fun and might see a few more que up. Open pvp will only solve this issue of people queing if the goal is a fun one to do. if its like what we have now where someone that doesint pvp on the ground goes iin gets rolled by a premade group that talks trash then expect them never to go back when they can hop into space and have fun and get the rewards..
CSB.............
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
The new queues seem to be popping plenty at VA and LT CDR ranks. Haven't tried them in other tiers. I've even been in a few ground matches.

As far as resurrecting the Klingon population, it will take time. No one *only* has a Klingon toon, and when queues weren't popping for anybody it made things worse on Klingon players, so it will take a while for them to filter back. Basically Fed PvPers have the option of either FvF or FvK, where Klinks can only realistically do FvK, so I think that many people who played both sides drifted over to mostly fed. It will take a while before they filter back.

Having said that, I kind of agree that the PvP system is still worse than it was before they started fixing it, but it's because the new system often starts lopsided matches or splits a team between two start points. And the spawncamping problem persists, so once a team falls behind there is no chance to reorganize.

The issue with always spawning in the same place is particularly vexing, because it was obviously done as an attempt to help team mates find each other, but the effect is that a team never gets to organize since they just keep spawning into the same place where they got focus-fired 10 seconds ago. While it could be a PITA organizing a PUG if no one formed a team, at least you had a chance.

The real fix to the organization thing is to go back to the random spawn points, but just put everyone into a team for the PvP match, with no possibility to opt out, leave, or decline. If a player is that anti-social that they absolutely can't tolerate team chat, then let them just turn it off. The great majority of PUG players just use the team to find allies at a distance and watch health bars anyway, team chat is usually limited to variations of "hi" and "good game".

I'm happy that Cryptic finally did half of their job right, but kind of ****ed that they didn't fix the other half, especially when it used to be better.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
CSB.............
I am sorry no one wants to play with you man.. Best of luck