Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
08-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
I am sorry no one wants to play with you man.. Best of luck
you always find time to play with me here. so its all good. Now go fail in pvp some more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
The issue with PvP, world or otherwise is the lack of Klingon players. Klingons have to work many times harder to rank up than Feds, and honestly the higher level Klingon's aren't quite as powerful anyway. The upper rank ships lack in comparison to Fed ships.

Maybe that doesn't matter overall.

I never have trouble getting into a KvF Q at Lt Commander or lower. In fact, Klingons usually outnumber the feds in those Q's when I am on.

Go over that rank, and especially the more towards admiral rank you go, it's 10 to 1 over Klingons.

It takes so much time, effort and grinding to get a Klingon to that rank that few find it worthwhile. Then once you get there you find that the Klingons are underpowered in comparison anyway. In my opinion. it's not the lack of missions overall, it's the repeating of the same ones over and over. I think if Klingons had their own storyline, equal to Feds...we'd see a ton more Klingons.

So, until Cryptic decides to give people a real reason to play and rank up a Klingon...this is what PvP will be.

In my opinion, the best way to fix PvP issues would be to open up some arenas that just fill teams with whoever enters. Feds and Klingons on the same team. If they can make it work in Borg Space, they can make it work for some PvP matches too.

Just a single join Q for everyone, and anyone who joins gets put on a random team. Even with few Klingon's playing, that would at least give both sides plenty of chances to play and compete. At least until they can do the other things needed to make PvP work on the whole.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staalker View Post
The issue with PvP, world or otherwise is the lack of Klingon players. Klingons have to work many times harder to rank up than Feds, and honestly the higher level Klingon's aren't quite as powerful anyway. The upper rank ships lack in comparison to Fed ships.

Maybe that doesn't matter overall.

I never have trouble getting into a KvF Q at Lt Commander or lower. In fact, Klingons usually outnumber the feds in those Q's when I am on.

Go over that rank, and especially the more towards admiral rank you go, it's 10 to 1 over Klingons.

It takes so much time, effort and grinding to get a Klingon to that rank that few find it worthwhile. Then once you get there you find that the Klingons are underpowered in comparison anyway. In my opinion. it's not the lack of missions overall, it's the repeating of the same ones over and over. I think if Klingons had their own storyline, equal to Feds...we'd see a ton more Klingons.

So, until Cryptic decides to give people a real reason to play and rank up a Klingon...this is what PvP will be.

In my opinion, the best way to fix PvP issues would be to open up some arenas that just fill teams with whoever enters. Feds and Klingons on the same team. If they can make it work in Borg Space, they can make it work for some PvP matches too.

Just a single join Q for everyone, and anyone who joins gets put on a random team. Even with few Klingon's playing, that would at least give both sides plenty of chances to play and compete. At least until they can do the other things needed to make PvP work on the whole.
I took a break from my 2 Klingons, I huffed all last month on here for changes and it sounds like they are listening. However, until I see the ships and content at higher levels for Klingons, I am not taking mine any further. I like that they are making strides on the pvp side of things, I just need to start seeing some new ships popping up and so forth... AKA: Klingon Refits...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
08-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
Dose the Q take into account the Players that are Sitting in THREE (3) Ques when one pops?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
08-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I still don't understand why people are allowed to join more than one queue. There is no way that can ever work right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
had a 5vs7 fvk in space (7klingons). went in as full grp, against another full group. but 2 more klingons.... they wer totally OP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I was in a Cap'n'Hold on my Klingon when I got in a match with 10 klink vs 7 Feds - from what I could see we all got in at the same time.

Later I did an arena where I got in late (Klingon again) score was already 13:9 when another Klink and I got in to end the match as 7 vs 5.

I always queue with the "join any game" option but not sure if this was a factor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
08-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
I took a break from my 2 Klingons, I huffed all last month on here for changes and it sounds like they are listening. However, until I see the ships and content at higher levels for Klingons, I am not taking mine any further. I like that they are making strides on the pvp side of things, I just need to start seeing some new ships popping up and so forth... AKA: Klingon Refits...
Cryptic can cram new pve content and ships and a new pink tutu for me to run around in right where the sun doesnt shine. Give me a way to bring the fight to the feds, and force them to fight! Im a klingon, my content is pvp, give it to me cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
08-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
Well on my Third FvK match on my Klingon, it started off as 4 Fed vs 5 Klingons, and right when it was in the tailend of the match with the Feds having 110 points left, the zone quickly swelled to 10 vs 10, some barely just finished loading when the match ended.

The other Dailys on my Fed Eng and my Klingon were good up to that point, so not sure if it's a glitch or what.



BTW, instead of the Ground / Space Icons, why not color code the difference with a Darker and Lighter Colors? I think it would be more efficient.

Otherwise it's a much improved queue system.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 AM.