Lt. Commander
# 51
08-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well on my Third FvK match on my Klingon, it started off as 4 Fed vs 5 Klingons, and right when it was in the tailend of the match with the Feds having 110 points left, the zone quickly swelled to 10 vs 10, some barely just finished loading when the match ended.

The other Dailys on my Fed Eng and my Klingon were good up to that point, so not sure if it's a glitch or what.

BTW, instead of the Ground / Space Icons, why not color code the difference with a Darker and Lighter Colors? I think it would be more efficient.

Otherwise it's a much improved queue system.
About how long was it into the match when the last few players were joining (in your example where it became 10v10 at the very end of the match)?
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
When i read the thread title i thought that there was a new system somewhere called Q, and i thought that Cryptic decided to put the Q continuum in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
It was obviously a huge mistake to have a welcome back weekend with things in the condition that they were. A significant section of the population that would have come back and likely stuck around for PvP dumped it and who knows how willing anyone will be to give things another shot?

I agree that Open World PvP is favorable, and I think that queues should stick around for match making and that sort of thing. When I was testing on Tribble things went pretty well with the public queues so maybe anyone still hanging around will start giving it another try. Today at least, when people failed to respond in time, I didn't have to requeue and while that happened twice so far I'm much happier about it than I've been since Season 2 was released.

Then we can leave the queue complaints behind us and move on to the much more fun griping about this that and the other thing being overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
No you are right, sitting in starbase for an almost and hour now doing nothing while waiting for a Q is better.

Fighting against the odds is nothing new to me, use to do it in SWG all the time in open world. 30 vs 8 and so on.

yah, but in galaxies there was a much better system of transport to cover large distances, there was very large distances to hide or stalk in, there was lots of cities/caves to hide in. so your odds, it would be you flip the base then go hide, repeat a few times, then actually make a stand so we dont get bored chasing ghosts. or maybe you go hide in restuss and use the spawns as cover.

Even in warhammer, odds like yours was boring open rvr, we would smash you then sit there waiting for a fight.

cause face it, even if you didnt have to have a Queue, you would be outnumbered, then you would be whining about wanting instances so you didnt get greifed.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
Tbh, if you were ever waiting a long time for C&H before, you were doing something wrong.
Yes, I'm sure I was doing something wrong as the system kept throwing me out of the queue system just for fun, and the matches kept failing to start, and that these bugs which are widely acknowledged by everyone else and mentioned as fixed in the release notes were nothing more than a figment of my own, everyone else's, and the dev's imaginations.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I just tried waiting in 6 different queues. All of them "Expired" with out getting me in a game. I didnt change instances, I didn't log out.

I just sat and waited.

Woo.
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
About how long was it into the match when the last few players were joining (in your example where it became 10v10 at the very end of the match)?
Around 10 minutes into the match.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...FvF-190810.jpg

Result of one match today

One opponent spawned in our end.. the other 3 at the opposite side..

My team (Lousisya and Link) were grouped before we entered match

Could it be if 3 groups of 2 people sits in que?
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
BTW, instead of the Ground / Space Icons, why not color code the difference with a Darker and Lighter Colors? I think it would be more efficient.
I don't think they can color code it due to a minority of people playing the game that are color blind.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post

cause face it, even if you didnt have to have a Queue, you would be outnumbered, then you would be whining about wanting instances so you didnt get greifed.
Not TRUE. I'm sure Nyrus Pars is like myself. the type that dose not mind a Queue system for those

who want it. But would like a open area to ( as you see it gank or be ganked ) I truly don't care about the

amount of people trying OR killing me. I just want the chance to DIE or see how long I can LAST without

having to wait for a queue.

P.S. Cryptic has made open area PVP zones in other games thay made. It only HELPED the game be

more FUN!