Lt. Commander
# 61
08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
I've only seen it in FvF so far. Usually the games start perfectly balanced, and then a bunch of new players come in on the same side. I've seen it more in Cap and Hold, but a few times in arenas. I couldn't really say how frequent it is, since I've been PvPing a lot today and failure stands out more than success.

I don't know if it's every time, but it seems like there are often hiccups joining the match before it happens. For example: I'm watching the number of players joining, when it goes to the minimum I get an offer, but then get the "not enough players" message. Where it get's weird is that the queue drops to just a couple of players, and then I get another offer shortly after, in under a minute. Maybe like 20 seconds. Then when I get in the match is uneven.

Cap and Hold definitely has worse problems. I've been in matches where one side ended up outnumbering the other almost 2 to 1. If it helps any, I was doing cap and hold earlier in the day, like around noon EST.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...FvF-190810.jpg

Result of one match today

One opponent spawned in our end.. the other 3 at the opposite side..

My team (Lousisya and Link) were grouped before we entered match

Could it be if 3 groups of 2 people sits in que?
I've seen a few matches where an enemy zones in with my team, or I zone in with the enemy team. One I remember was imbalanced a bit at the start, but ended up being 8 v 8 in Briar Patch.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBlue918 View Post
I don't think they can color code it due to a minority of people playing the game that are color blind.
Even Color Blind people can see the difference in tints.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I think the new Q system is great only problem I have is not haveing the option to pick which arena
you play on I have a lot of problems playing on solar wind and would rather have the option not to
play it but other than that KUDOS to cryptic....
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
I think the new Q system is great only problem I have is not haveing the option to pick which arena
you play on I have a lot of problems playing on solar wind and would rather have the option not to
play it but other than that KUDOS to cryptic....
That's a good point. I already play with the graphics turned down as far as possible and it's still a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Has there been any boost to the number of Ques we can sign up for? If not, I'm sure taking from 3 to up to 5 would help resolve a few issues.
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Has there been any boost to the number of Ques we can sign up for? If not, I'm sure taking from 3 to up to 5 would help resolve a few issues.
I think that would cause even more problems. I think they should get it down to 1.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-19-2010, 11:20 PM
How do you figure? If there are, say, 12 feds and 15 klingons Queuing, and 8 modes to que in, with only 3 available modes per person, there is a rather slim chance they all want to Que for the same things.

But if you expand what they can Que for (or even, remove the limit entirely), then there is a much higher chance that a quorum ques for the same thing. It would take less people to activate a que. The only other option is to reduce the number and varieties of ques... and considering there are missions seeking specific map types, I doubt making it so the ques were only KvK ground, KvK space, KvF ground, KvF space, FvF Ground, FvF space, with the server randomly picking the game type and map. (though it would help to resolve queuing issues)
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
it was about an hour after the patch. i saw two matches. one was a capture and hold that i and several other joined right near the end and we all joined the winning team to make it look like 10v7 or something

the other was an arena match that was 3v3, the score was about ten points to one in our favour, then four other people joined the opponents team to make it 7v 3. this was a FvF match so the players were not even spread evenly to make it 5v5. i cant be certain if any players left the match or not before the other joined

it would appear that people are being pushed into existing matches even if they have run for some time and are all going on side or the other making it imbalanced
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-20-2010, 01:52 AM
You know, it occured to me. Notice that some of the maps like the Space Assault and C&H is no longer "Large" or "Small"?

Hopefully this is a sign that Open PVP is soon coming, because C&H has become Musical Chairs, where people fleet together to quickly change a spot while others sneek behind and change back the caps.