Lt. Commander
# 71
08-20-2010, 02:32 AM
easiest way for cryptic to get more people pvp'ing @ LtGen-

Step 1-split the pvp dailies up.
one daily for space (cap & Hold or an arena, 1 of the 2) 3 matches for a 3 emblem reward.
and one daily for ground (shanty town or an arena, 1 of the 2) 3 matches for 3 emblems.

Step 2-make the dailies semi-repeatable (like exploration dailies)
after completing the main daily for ground or space, you get a repeatable mission for that type of pvp (ground or space). instead of the reward being 1 emblem for 3 completed missions, change it to 3 emblems for 3 won mathces.
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
To inktomi19d and any other players experiencing lopsided matches: what happened that caused them to become unbalanced? Was it that the game started with unbalanced teams or did new players join after the match started and made it unfair?

I've been watching games go up and every single one looks like it has the same number of players on both teams.
Well playing yesterday I saw both teams spawn equal but one of the guys that spawned with us was from the other side,(marked as such) then after he died, (because people had weapons set on auto) he was on the other team and began spawning on correct side. So it started out 6 vs 6 but after he died the sides were 5 vs 7.

The new que system is spawning players from the other side with us when the game first starts, so when that player dies the sides become uneven.
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-20-2010, 08:42 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-20-2010, 09:07 AM
I hate ground combat....loathe it...and if we are forced to do it for emblems, I wouldn't do it. Eventually this would lead to my canceling of the account since PvP is really all I have to do these days. I could work up a new character I suppose...

I don't do any ground mission I don't have to during the storyline. Ground combat is boring to me. A cover system would be a nice start to making it better, among other things.

Anyway, back on topic. I will not do ground PvP. Period. So long as ground combat functions as such.

As for the Q. Why make us pick a pvp type? Why not just get in the PvP Q and then and when one opens, ask the player if they want to join it. If not, go to the next in the list and send them back to the Q line?

I don't know what will fix the issues, but I think it needs some real heavy attention until it's fixed. If that means giving Klingons more reason to play or new maps or whatever.

I think of LotRO the way Klingons are being done here, and wonder why Cryptic didn't decide to just start Klingons at max rank. I can understand people's desire to play PvP at the lower ranks, but when a faction is "PvP only", why even make them rank up?

Anyway, the Q is an improvement but there is still much more needed.
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-20-2010, 09:23 AM
I had no problems last night.. PvP'd straight for a couple of hours and apart from a single 6v5 anomoly everything worked great and there were plenty of players around
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelativeWork View Post
I had no problems last night.. PvP'd straight for a couple of hours and apart from a single 6v5 anomoly everything worked great and there were plenty of players around
Yeah, I played for about 2 hours last night, and every time I queued 3 space matches (2 C&H and 1 arena) I generally had a pop within 5 minutes. I ended up doing 3 or 4 matches last night, one of them a fairly long but fun FvF C&H.

Overall I'm happy with the new queue system since it well, actually queues you for PvP matches that occur.

As for balance, I really didn't notice any imbalances in the matches I played. I didn't do any arenas last night though, so maybe that may be more of an issue than the C&H.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
I think that would cause even more problems. I think they should get it down to 1.
Agreed, or maybe just 2, but certainly no more than 3. Right now you don't know how many people are in multiple queues so there might be a greater chance of a different match type to start but it's not actually going to start more matches. Reason being, when one of those matches starts the other queues will empty out. Allowing one person to fill up multiple queues only makes the population look bigger.
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty certain that the imbalances are happening when the game tries to add players to an existing match, but it's very often within like 30 seconds of the start. I've been seeing it in FvK as well as FvF now. I think I've been in more 6v4 arenas today than 5v5.

Honestly the imbalanced don't bother me half as much as the spawncamping. The old way of spawning randomly made things harder on novice players because they didn't always know how to reorganize, but the new system sucks for everyone. Once you die you can't make any sort of comeback because you'll just get focus fired 1 by 1 as you spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I agree with the imbalance observation.

IMHO, the match should start and end with the same ammount of people. I rather it lock out people after that, but if it does add people, it should equally add 1 person per side as not to imbalance the match further.
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
IMHO, the match should start and end with the same ammount of people. I rather it lock out people after that, but if it does add people, it should equally add 1 person per side as not to imbalance the match further.
I think it's supposed to be doing that already. It certainly worked that way on Tribble.

My suspicion is that the uneven matches are caused when players disconnect or otherwise fail to load.