Lt. Commander
# 1 Not happy at all
08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
I am SO not happy seeing all these Collector Edition perks showing up in the C-Store. You have de-valued everything we purchased. Specifically:
TOS Enterprise
TOS Uniforms
TOS Mirror Uniforms
DS9 Uniforms
Kahn Uniforms
NX Ship Registry
Liberated Borg BO
Joined Trill
Rivera Tribble

I am just wondering how long it will be before I see the Red Capacitor, Taco Shuttle and Captain's Table passes in the c-Store. And I see yall brought back the lifetime subscription even though yall said it would NOT be available after STO goes live.

Getting greedy are you Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
News flash. With the exception of the Mirror Universe uniforms Cryptic did say that they might put the pre-order items up for sale in the C-Store. Granted, four or five months into the game's life is an EXTREMELY short period to do so, but they did warn people that it could eventually happen. As for the lifetime, I'm actually happy that they are continuing to offer the LTS and even happier that they brought the Liberated Borg back as a perk. Just be glad it's not in the C-Store for 280CP.

And...I want the other items put up for sale just because it makes sense to put EVERYTHING up and not just a select few items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
News flash. With the exception of the Mirror Universe uniforms Cryptic did say that they might put the pre-order items up for sale in the C-Store. Granted, four or five months into the game's life is an EXTREMELY short period to do so, but they did warn people that it could eventually happen. As for the lifetime, I'm actually happy that they are continuing to offer the LTS and even happier that they brought the Liberated Borg back as a perk. Just be glad it's not in the C-Store for 280CP.

And...I want the other items put up for sale just because it makes sense to put EVERYTHING up and not just a select few items.
Except that some of the items are not Pre-Order items but Edition Exclusive items
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Cryptic's definition of "Exclusive" does not mean what the average joe thinks it means unfortunately. Just look at how they screwed the Master Recruiters.

Also, the Captain's Table is obtainable for non-lifers as a Veteran's Award.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2010, 01:34 PM
That was my point. They miss-represented "exclusive" content. Some items were advertised as "exclusive" to collector editions, "exclusive" to specific retailers, while others were "exclusive" to pre-orders.

These items were advertised as being of limited availability and now they are freely available. Its not fair to those of us who shelled out the bucks for collector editions from specific retailers to obtain "exclusive" items. I am less upset about the LTC than I am the TOS Constitution and the NX prefix. I don't have the NX as it was supposed to be exclusive to a specific retailer and I got mine through GameStop which had the Constitution.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Just wait for the Romulans to come out and then we will have to 280 CP to get the Liberated Borg BO for them
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
That was my point. They miss-represented "exclusive" content. Some items were advertised as "exclusive" to collector editions, "exclusive" to specific retailers, while others were "exclusive" to pre-orders.

These items were advertised as being of limited availability and now they are freely available. Its not fair to those of us who shelled out the bucks for collector editions from specific retailers to obtain "exclusive" items. I am less upset about the LTC than I am the TOS Constitution and the NX prefix. I don't have the NX as it was supposed to be exclusive to a specific retailer and I got mine through GameStop which had the Constitution.
Agreed, 100%
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm over this already its old news... at this point its kicking a dead horse...
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-20-2010, 12:56 PM
if you dont like it then leave. the only person forcing you to play the game is you and you alone. it was fortold that this was to happen at somepoint in the games life and in fact i welcome it as not everyone is going to have access to all the vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Thatīs almost topic necro. It was argued to death before, resurrected and then killed again and again and again. Itīs a done deal, it wonīt change, Cryptic doesnīt care. Move on.