Lt. Commander
# 71
08-22-2010, 01:22 AM
I hope Gene, Majel, Gygax and Arneson are sitting around a table and rolling some dice.

Mustrum "Not that I believe in such an afterlife, but I would like to" Ridcully

Edit: UGC Content idea?
Lt. Commander
# 72 No he didn't
08-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
I'm sure Gene also believed in tolerance of religious ideals. Happy birthday up in space-heaven!

Brannon Braga (head writer for Star Trek) has said that "Roddenberry made it known to the writers of Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation that religion and mystical thinking were not to be included, and that in Roddenberry's vision of Earth's future, everyone was an atheist and better for it."
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Cryptic, I am sorry to inform you, but Gene Roddenberry passed away quite some time ago. Yes it is unfortunate, but you are wishing happy birthday to a man who has passed from this life.
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sisko View Post
Cryptic, I am sorry to inform you, but Gene Roddenberry passed away quite some time ago. Yes it is unfortunate, but you are wishing happy birthday to a man who has passed from this life.
You missed the point of this thread. Everyone knows that and is celebrating his creative works within the Star Trek universe on what would have been his birthday.