Lt. Commander
# 61
04-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Sadly I can't take you seriously until you get yourself a message board icon :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Unknown
A great big warm welcome to Daeke from the Unknown .... When are you going to get your forum avatar Daeke?
Forum avatars take a lot of time and thought to use. I need to find one that wholly describes who I am and what I stand for in life. You can't just throw up any old image and say "Hey, look, here's my avatar".

Or it could be that I'm too lazy to find a good image. If anyone has recommendations, I'm open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamgros View Post
Wow, somehow I totally missed that we had a newbie working the forums. Is this STO preparing for an influx of new people to the forums? Big announcement coming soon? Yes? Yes? *pauses awkwardly hoping this induces a response*
Nah, I'm just here to keep Awen from going crazy. She likes to refer to me as "her little minion". But you can feel free to take my appearance as you will
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeke
Forum avatars take a lot of time and thought to use. I need to find one that wholly describes who I am and what I stand for in life. You can't just throw up any old image and say "Hey, look, here's my avatar".
I did!

But if I can get an artist to do my Oddjob as Starfleet Officer makeover (it's kinda like a contest but with no prizes) then you can have this one. I imagine you'll be making this face quite often as you read the forums!

Oddjob image here for "contest" participants:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...0620071056.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddjobXL View Post
I did!

But if I can get an artist to do my Oddjob as Starfleet Officer makeover (it's kinda like a contest but with no prizes) then you can have this one. I imagine you'll be making this face quite often as you read the forums!

Oddjob image here for "contest" participants:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...0620071056.jpg
Here's just a quickie Oddjob-as-Starfleet-Officer.

Of course, if you have a different uniform you'd prefer, I could give that a shot later on.
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-08-2009, 08:16 AM
You win!

Hey, Daeke. You can have my goofy Kirk avatar now!

Thanks, Whatinblueblazes! And might I add that's a mighty fine forum name.
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Quote:

Or it could be that I'm too lazy to find a good image. If anyone has recommendations, I'm open.

Nah, I'm just here to keep Awen from going crazy. She likes to refer to me as "her little minion". But you can feel free to take my appearance as you will
First of welcome to the forums,

I'm sure someone at Cryptic can come up with a cool avatar for you.
I'm impressed on your early posting, usually we don't see any dev posts til much later in the day
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Glad you like it, OddjobXL! My forum name may not be in honor of the most devious hat-chucking Bond villain ever, but I think it works.

I second the motion that Daeke takes up the goofy-Kirk-as-avatar mantle bequeathed by OddjobXL. It works for a community administrator on so many levels -- in command, wanting to strangle himself (or others) at times...
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
First of welcome to the forums,

I'm sure someone at Cryptic can come up with a cool avatar for you.
I'm impressed on your early posting, usually we don't see any dev posts til much later in the day
That's 'cause we like to sleep sometimes

It's only 8:30 a.m. on the West Coast. I haven't even had my first cup of tea yet.

Welcome Daeke!
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatinblueblazes View Post
Glad you like it, OddjobXL! My forum name may not be in honor of the most devious hat-chucking Bond villain ever, but I think it works.

I second the motion that Daeke takes up the goofy-Kirk-as-avatar mantle bequeathed by OddjobXL. It works for a community administrator on so many levels -- in command, wanting to strangle himself (or others) at times...
I think it fits well too. But I could be biased...
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:

I can recommend the one I'm using.

The application can be found at the end of the link in my sig. I'm sure we can get it processed asap.
Lt. Commander
# 70
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I'm very excited to have joined the Cryptic team. You all are definitely a great bunch of people, and I can't wait to get to know you all as we explore the universe together. Or something like that.

Anyways, here's a screenshot for you:

Oh, wait. It won't upload for some reason. Oh well
Welcome Daeke to our side of the universe and may your travels be relatively smooth