Lt. Commander
Ber PerLee at Destructoid interviewed Executive Producer Dan Stahl earlier in the month. Give the interview a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Neat article!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I am encouraged by the interview, particularly Dan Stahl's comments: "We really want to get Klingons caught up, content-wise, with the Federation." Very good to read this from the EP of STO!

In addition to the goodwill comments/gestures taken so far and stated in the interview, I have some additional points to raise for further dev consideration moving forward:

The Klingons need a lot more PVE still. Federation Klingons need sashes still. They should let people make their Klingons look TOS-era if they want to. A lot of players agree the Klingon bridges and ship interiors are way too red. There should be at least one or more Klingon leisure areas.

Every single one of these requests has been discussed at length and debated in their respective threads. Most players want this content added to STO or "tweaked" to work better for them. This is the player community speaking, please listen to us and you will continue to have our loyalty in the future! Thank you for what you have done so far and continue to work towards and deliver for us We do appreciate it and look forward to the new content and options we'll be seeing in the future.

I do see that Dan Stahl recognizes the need for more Klingon content and I am VERY encouraged to hear him supporting that and specifically making comments in that direction. Excellent! Thank you Cryptic & Dan.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas-ava
"Daniel Stahl-Executive Producer of Star Trek Online: Season 2 was a lot about reaction to the feedback we received from players. People asked for non-combat missions, so we delivered. People demanded more PvE Klingon content, so we built that."

[color="Silver"]This sounds like a past-tense thing, I hope it doesn't mean "We added some PVE to Klingons, now we're done/moving on." I pray that's not so.

[The Klingons need a lot more PVE still. Federation Klingons need sashes still. They should let people make their Klingons look TOS-era if they want to. A lot of players agree the Klingon bridges and ship interiors are way too red. There should be at least one or more Klingon leisure areas. There need to be more Klingon ships and content in general. It needs to be a "fully fleshed-out" faction just as Federation is, not some half-baked, half-forgotten afterthought faction.

The community is speaking, will Crypticplease[/b] listen to these requests and stop treating the Klingons like a "second class" race/faction? When (if?) will these things be addressed? Please don't ignore/abandon these requests from the player community. Thank you.
Ah, the ghastly colors ! They hurt us. Take them away.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
"Daniel Stahl-Executive Producer of Star Trek Online: Season 2 was a lot about reaction to the feedback we received from players. People asked for non-combat missions, so we delivered. People demanded more PvE Klingon content, so we built that."

This almost sounds like a past-tense thing, I hope it doesn't mean "We added some PVE to Klingons, now we're done/moving on." I pray that's not so. It really needs to be comparable in quality and amount with what's available on the Federation side of the game.

The Klingons need a lot more PVE still. Federation Klingons need sashes still. They should let people make their Klingons look TOS-era if they want to. A lot of players agree the Klingon bridges and ship interiors are way too red. There should be at least one or more Klingon leisure areas. There need to be more Klingon ships and content in general. It needs to be a "fully fleshed-out" faction just as Federation is, not some half-baked, half-forgotten afterthought faction.

Every single one of these requests has been discussed at length and debated in their respective threads. Most players want this content added to STO or "tweaked" to work better for them.

The community is speaking. We hope our voices are being heard. Cryptic, please listen to us players, and implement these requests. Please don't ignore/abandon these requests and ideas from the player community. Thank you.
I think you're reading way into this. They're still working on pve content for klingons, not to mention the weekly episodes playable by both. Also, as stated in the Engineering Reports, and multiple other posts, that new ships for klingons are coming.

Remember - what's said in an interview is what's said. Don't try to look way deep into it for hidden meanings as you'll go cross eyed :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-20-2010, 07:57 PM
@jas ava, did you even read to the end of the itnerview? :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
..And yeah that too hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Yes, as I was revising my post, a couple of people "jumped the gun." I should have "Previewed" the post before I posted it, I suppose lol. Some people are incredibly fast to reply to new posts.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Yes, as I was revising my post, a couple of people "jumped the gun." I should have "Previewed" the post before I posted it, I suppose lol. Some people are awfully jumpy/touchy lol.
Tip for the wise on a major forum like this -

Never post until you're ready because some of us lurk on these forums waiting for replies It has nothing to do with being jumpy/touchy just.. we like to click refresh a lot :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
I think you're reading way into this. They're still working on pve content for klingons, not to mention the weekly episodes playable by both. Also, as stated in the Engineering Reports, and multiple other posts, that new ships for klingons are coming.

Remember - what's said in an interview is what's said. Don't try to look way deep into it for hidden meanings as you'll go cross eyed :p
Not to worry lol. I do see mostly good tidings in what he said in the interview and am encouraged by most of it. I simply wanted to take advantage of the Klingon topic Dan Stahl discussed in the interview to remind him & the other devs of a few community ideas / requests to further improve gameplay as a Klingon or Klingon faction character. Nothing more, nothing less. People replied so fast I didn't have a chance to edit my post in time lol. No harm done. hehe