Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 So many BOs??
11-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I've seen in this thread a few people mention having a lot of BOs and I'm curious why have so many? I condidered getting more than 4 in case I use a 2nd ship but so far I haven't. Other than a ground dedicated group and a space dedicated group of BOs, why have so many? Just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Why not?
I think it's true that the BOs are a very important aspect in STO. I have a lot of BOs too. More than I'll ever use on the Bridge. And it is also true, that there are more shifts for the bridge. But I like the idea to plase the other BOs somewhere on the ship.
I'm still waiting for the option to make BOs first officers, CMO ore CE. But that kombined with this suggestion would really add a lot of Star Trek feeling to STO.
And it would use the interiors!

I think it is a greate idea!
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguppy View Post
I've seen in this thread a few people mention having a lot of BOs and I'm curious why have so many? I condidered getting more than 4 in case I use a 2nd ship but so far I haven't. Other than a ground dedicated group and a space dedicated group of BOs, why have so many? Just curious.
For me personally it is a mix of certain specialities...so as you say a couple of dedicated ground BOs and a couple of space dedications.
However mainly it is because the customisation options appeal to me, and therefore it allows me to have a full crew which makes the game feel a lot more like Star Trek. To further that feeling you have the ability to assign back stories in the biography section and if you put that all together you start developing characters for your BOs.
So the appeal for me is more from an RP and "realism" aspect to the game that will make it more Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-03-2010, 09:45 AM
maybe some of you would like to take a look at the Nightshift-BO idea linked in my signature...
it is all about this topic and on Page 4 of the thread there is an overworked version for maybe a later UGC-release...
i always appreciate feedback and comments on all my ideas linked there
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warguppy View Post
I will take it you are not fellow the trek way. well let me show you how may crew is made up.

U.S.S Benevolence Crew
Senior Staff
Commanding Office: - Vice Admiral Lrieana (Vulcan Female)
First Office: - Commander Lindayer (Betazoid Female)
Second Office: - Commander TíSoni (Vulcan Female)

Diplomatic Officer: - Etenus (Orina Female)

Gamma Shift Officer of the watch:-
Operation Personnel
Chief Operation Officer: - Lt Commander Auraya (Trill Female)

Engineering Personnel
Chief Engineer: - Commander Tali (Vulcan Female)
Deputy Chief Engineer: - Commander Naisha (Vulcan Female)
Transporter Chief: - Ensign Rocileny (Eight of Eight) Acting

Medical Personnel
Chief Medical Officer: - Lt Commander Nerys (Bajoran Female)
Nurse:-
Counselling Staff: - Lt Commander Benezia (Betazoid Female)

Security Personnel
Tactical Officer / Intelligence Officer: - Commander TíSoni (Vulcan Female)
Security Chief: - Commander Cailynn (Vulcan Female)
Deputy Security Chief: - Lt Commander Alirath (Vulcan Female)

Sciences Personnel
Chief Science Officer: - Commander Tíshana (Vulcan Female)
Chief Astrometrics Officer:-