Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I got a KvK earlier. Who woulda thunk it? Extra points for the new queues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I got a KvK earlier. Who woulda thunk it? Extra points for the new queues.
Yer that was pretty surprising indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Impossible! It has been foretold that a genuine KVK match popping would be the coming of the apocalypse!

Bleh. People forget the slow queues don't work well because the faster queues kick you out of all the other queues when you enter the match. That is the primary reason KVK died, because you can't stay in the queue before the FVK queues pop.

But with the way the queues have been slimmed down, it does help that situation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Even before the patch I got a bunch of KVK at tier 2 and tier 3. I'm not sure why there's none of it at higher tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Impossible! It has been foretold that a genuine KVK match popping would be the coming of the apocalypse!
Well, 2012 is not that far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Even before the patch I got a bunch of KVK at tier 2 and tier 3. I'm not sure why there's none of it at higher tiers.
Maybe due to bad experiences, or simply more FvK opportunities the higher you get?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks

Bleh. People forget the slow queues don't work well because the faster queues kick you out of all the other queues when you enter the match. That is the primary reason KVK died, because you can't stay in the queue before the FVK queues pop.

But with the way the queues have been slimmed down, it does help that situation.
Eh, I'd say the primary reason KvK died is that spending 20 minutes waiting for someone to decloak so the fight can start is boring as crap. At T5 it wouldn't be so awful because everyone could dogpile on the carriers, but that's assuming no one got sick of trying to do it in earlier tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Bah, I was queued up for KvK for a good long while but it never even offered a match up. D:<

I think this concern about cloak v cloak PvP failing because neither side wants to decloak is pretty weak. It might happen from time to time but people who are there to play won't let that be an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Bah, I was queued up for KvK for a good long while but it never even offered a match up. D:<

I think this concern about cloak v cloak PvP failing because neither side wants to decloak is pretty weak. It might happen from time to time but people who are there to play won't let that be an issue.
I don't mind decloaking as bait with my finger hovering over the RSP and evasive maneuvers buttons hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I haven't down a KvK in months.

I steered away from it because everyone was always cloaked the lower tiers.

T5 you are likely to see at least one Carrier on either side.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I always ran around decloaked in KVK, in mah ktanco. At t2 you dont actually need RSP to live through a focus fire, even with a Science.