Lt. Commander
# 21
08-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
And now the conclusion of Command Review...
(==| Issue #2: "Command Review - Part II" |==)
'oH ghaHta' QaQ jaj DaqHegh!
[It was a good day to die!]

Another Winner Darren!
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarbasePrime
'oH ghaHta' QaQ jaj DaqHegh!
[It was a good day to die!]

Another Winner Darren!
Thanks!

I'm trying to stay ship and character focused. I actually worried that I veered close to technobabble on this one (ugh!). However, I think there's more emotional resonance with the characters.

The funny part is that I had intended this to be a bi-weekly affair but I'm already into the third one (with more characters and stepping off ship again). Who knows - may I can do this on a semi-weekly basis?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-25-2010, 04:00 PM
What? It's not StarTrek without a little techno-babble!
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Sneak Peek:
(-| Issue #3 Teaser: "Give Me Liberty And Give Me Death |-)
A fight erupts on Drozana Station between the Ship's Armory Chief and a Saurian Diplomat - setting back relations nearly 300 years.

took down image - decided to focus on getting Issue #3 out by the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Thanks!

I'm trying to stay ship and character focused. I actually worried that I veered close to technobabble on this one (ugh!). However, I think there's more emotional resonance with the characters.

The funny part is that I had intended this to be a bi-weekly affair but I'm already into the third one (with more characters and stepping off ship again). Who knows - may I can do this on a semi-weekly basis?
Don't do that hint on semi-weekly thing because the first time something outside the game comes up to slow you down, you will be getting hit with "where is it" posts. I would suggest work at whatever rate you feel like it but keep the bi-weekly promise. If you notice when something isn't on time with the game, what happens?

And use the bi-weekly as your "Scotty way of doing this"

That gives you a larger window in case something comes up.

I'll read #2 later. Pressed for time now.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
#2 continues to deliver!

I like your use of frames/pics with no dialogue to convey dramatic pauses or ominous silences.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
#2 continues to deliver!

I like your use of frames/pics with no dialogue to convey dramatic pauses or ominous silences.
Thanks!

I'm fairly heavy-handed with the symbolism.

The closed door is a recurring image I have along with the wide-open, loneliness of space shots. Nothing ground breaking. I suspect there's a reason for most of the panels without writing in them. Admittedly, some exposition dialogue just looks cooler over Cryptic's scenery (and oftentimes emphasizes a theme I'm going for).

Hopefully, the third issue has less brow-beating seriousness.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm aiming for bi-weekly (i.e. every two weeks) - no promises, just a simple goal and leaning toward earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Finally got a moment to read #2 today. Nice one. And about the heavy dialogue and symbolism, since most people who read it are more than likely Trek fans, probably wouldn't have thought much of it except your mentioning it. lol
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Finally got a moment to read #2 today. Nice one. And about the heavy dialogue and symbolism, since most people who read it are more than likely Trek fans, probably wouldn't have thought much of it except your mentioning it. lol
Well, hopefully I'm at least a little subtle with my intent. I'd hate to have giant neon signs saying "Do you get it?" :p

A good book (be it comics or novels) generally is engaging upon first glance and has more depth on second take.

Here's hoping I can make something good!