09-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-17-2010, 10:16 PM
EDIT: link should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
KESHET, really??? Did you deliberately name her Rainbow (Hebrew), cause that's cool...
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I actually did. I wanted a name with a hard "k" sound that still sounded beautiful. Also, the whole rainbow=diversity metaphor works given that she subverts the Orion Slave Girl tropes.

I'm excited to start the next two-parter: a female Klingon Captain takes on the crew, LtCmdr. Reynolds and a yet-to-be-seen ensign are stranded on a planet, etc. Lots of cool possibilities.

Also, I really want to get toward the "Mother" storyline. There are a ton of ideas floating around about the startling adaptations that the Borg are making now that they've assimilated at least one Undine in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I can't wait for the UGC version!
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I can't wait for the UGC version!
UGC would be challenging for these stories - a lot will be character background driven.

For example, the "Mother" storyline actually reveals more events surrounding VA Shepard's assimilation, the Klingon in the first two Issues, and the Undine Assimilation from the game.

There's a plot afoot and it's a lot more nuanced than Borg previously seemed capable of (in-part due to the resurgence of splinter Borg in Gamma Orionis).

I nearly gave the big reveal away but I look forward to the tools.

Also, Undine (or Ondine) are interesting names that fit the species (since the term denotes water nymphs, sprites, or elementals all the way back to 1811)
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
UGC would be challenging for these stories - a lot will be character background driven.
LOL Tell me about it! I'm still trying to come up with effective ways to convey an actual story through MA/AE without using so much text people quit the mission before getting to the pew-pew parts
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Just discovered your work -- have read all three issues now -- and wanted to say fantastic job. I've really enjoyed them. Definitely looking forward to what's coming next.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
Just discovered your work -- have read all three issues now -- and wanted to say fantastic job. I've really enjoyed them. Definitely looking forward to what's coming next.
Thanks!

Here's a teaser of Issue #4's first scene:
Quote:
First Officer's log, Stardate 86715.8.
The Darwin is surveying M-Class planets in the B'tran Nebula. Our crew's readiness and training is culminating nicely - though I am at odds over rifle marksmanskip. My training and the training our crew is receiving couldn't be more different: I'm a doctor - not a rifleman.

The crew is picking it up well - including our most recent additions: Ensign Lerhoz and Saurian Envoy Onag. Mr. Onag is on mandatory loan due to our Armory Chief's run-in last month. For a diplomat, he knows his way around a phaser-rifle assembly.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
LOL Tell me about it! I'm still trying to come up with effective ways to convey an actual story through MA/AE without using so much text people quit the mission before getting to the pew-pew parts
It's difficult to say the least. Hopefully, there's a way of flagging a mission for particular career tracks, cultural backgrounds, etc.