Lt. Commander
# 81
12-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Truly outstanding work Darren! Ive been trying to get started on a machinima series but its very very hard to do, perhaps I overlooked Graphic Novella form.

I cant wait to see what happens on the Crystalline Planet. I especially love your Doctor
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I took a very long and extended break from this, partly to test the Foundry and not wanting to be accused of violating the NDA.

Funnily enough, two of my missions in the Foundry on Tribble were originally going to be comic strips, "Drawing Proof" and "State Secrets." I had this arc planned for a Vulcan separatist movement wanting to separate from the Federation over the multifront war. There's also an alleged Undine Detection kit this same movement developed, technology they're sharing with the non-True Way Cardassians.

(=| made a trailer for these two missions, who nearly became comics |=)

I handled creating them in the Foundry very similarly to what I did making the comics, to the point I even have a Captain's briefing in one of the missions (that takes place in your ready-room), negotiations (and squabbling), and even a denouement in the Ship's Mess in 10 Forward.

I'll start working on the follow-up, Issue #5 (it was half done when I had to stop and the Foundry makes it easier now).
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Any ETA on Issue #5?
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
Any ETA on Issue #5?
I think I over-loaded my schedule.

Very chaotic with a new semester kicking into high gear and preparations to transfer schools.

No excuses though. The issue is practically done - just redoing a few panels now that a few art assets are in the Foundry (which has made this process easier).

I'll work on it this Friday and it'll be up by Sunday. Promsies this time.

Tonight, however, I've got a conference call about the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Nearly done with it.

Lots of work done via the Foundry. There are a few tricks on Tribble that could help other machinima artists out there.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Issue #5 Teaser is up!Full issue coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 87 Issue #5 now available!
02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Updated:
(==| Issue #5: A Warm Place, pt. II now available |==)

The crew of the Darwin must match wits with a Klingon Captain - before time runs out for their stranded shipmates.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Nice

I enjoyed it. Thanks for continuing the story.

Ken
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin_CO View Post
Nice

I enjoyed it. Thanks for continuing the story.

Ken
Thanks! I really appreciate feedback.

Issue #5 had some cool stuff made only possible by the Foundry. Machinima makers should really look into the advanced tools.

Some cool things made possible thanks to the Foundry:
  • Non-emote animations (like. Ens. Garwaht chained to that prison cell's wall)
  • Custom item placement (those prison cells are objects you can place on maps)
  • Adding more NPCs on a single map (rather than relying on "stock" map NPCs like I did before. Issues 1-4 were done entirely on existing maps with existing NPCs or photoshopping two images together).

P.S. I did some work on Issue #6 back in November. So, hopefully it should come out sooner rather than later.
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Nice work, indeed! I can only hope and dream for the time to use the Foundry tools in such a creative fashion, so I live vicariously through you, lol! It is good to see some of the things that you can do with the tools (I wondered how you had that person chained up! I thought you had photophopped the arms into a different position or something). Will you be able to use the things you set up for this issue in the future or will you have to re-build them each time you want to use them?

Looking forward to future issues!