Lt. Commander
I recently used the Refer a Friend feature to bring someone into STO but unfortunately I found out afterwards.. that teaming is broken in Exploration clusters. Talk about a waste of the promotion bonuses. I don't think I can keep them hooked if they have to level alone.

Is there another way we could level together other than exploration clusters that won't drive me insane? The story missions are bugged as hell and don't complete or give exp for completion half of the time, not to mention they're overly tedious and time consuming.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Nothing at all?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Well, the options you have (apart from Exploration) is story missions, Sector Defense missions and PvP Queues. Personally, I enjoyed the story missions as I levelled up (although the game could certainly do with more!)

I avoided Sector Defense myself, but if you "enjoy" randomly generated content they might be for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
I recently used the Refer a Friend feature to bring someone into STO but unfortunately I found out afterwards.. that teaming is broken in Exploration clusters. Talk about a waste of the promotion bonuses. I don't think I can keep them hooked if they have to level alone.

Is there another way we could level together other than exploration clusters that won't drive me insane? The story missions are bugged as hell and don't complete or give exp for completion half of the time, not to mention they're overly tedious and time consuming.
I came in under RAF (demo in May 2010, account in June 2010) and have had no problems with story missions granting me all the rewards they indicated I was to receive.

Honestly it sounds as though you are frustrated with the game for some reason and blaming it on the RAF program.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I am frustrated with teaming not working in exploration missions as that is my primary form of leveling. I am not blaming anything on the RAF program, merely that I am frustrated that the RAF bonuses are being wasted right now because my RAF-ee and I can not team.

The most problems with story missions seem to be at the Commander level (I have asked others as well, it is not just me) where I will complete a mission and after completing it, it will go back to half way through the mission objectives as if I had not completed it. No reward. Some other missions just don't give any skill point rewards upon completion.

Is there perhaps a Dev response on the status of the teaming issue being fixed? Thank you for the suggestions though guys.