Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131
08-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
lol the nx, didnt even have shields, so no shield emmitters, no design that would easilly allow for them to be installed! no tractor beam equip either, just a tow cable with a magnetic grapple on the end hehe.
There! Now that's a good point I had not thought of before. Thank you for something more well thought out then"you can't have that ship its old"

Now I think it would be fun to see the NX in game with those limitations, T-1 is a death trap anyway. One perk to off set them and it might be a fun ship to try out when making an alt

Really I don't see the harm of older ships in the game. It doesn't change my play style when someone has the Galaxy X. And soooo many people hated the idea of that thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
08-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voniatko View Post
@Wilv:

Please do not consider following words impolite, they are not meant to be. I will just be very honest and straight to the point:

  • You do not care about RPers immersion and do not see it as a justification why you should not have whatever ship you want.
  • I do not care about you getting your ship.


See, for you the game is most probably something along lines of Bridge Commander - just wanna have a nice set of ships blowing up stuff in space. Freedom to have whatever spacecraft ever appeared in Trek before is important point in that.

For me the game was supposed to represent Star Trek (prime) universe's 25th century. Immersion is important point in that.

As long as I should not break your enjoyment in game, you should not break mine.
By you having the ENT-J you are doing just that.

So unless one of us is said to go and hide in the corner, we must find some compromise, and approach with futuristic Ent-X (X in between F and I) sounds reasonable.
For you, you can have latest 26th C ship just out of the line, and for me (RP purpose) this is not a 26th C ship at all (we never saw design of any 25th C native ship anyway in Trek shows, and what we see in game now is more like 24th C retrofits and evolutionary upgrades, nothing like comparing Galaxy and Constitution).

In case even after this argument you say that you just should have the ship and screw the others, it is just purely egoistic and I won't feel bothered to comment any more on your posts.
The fact of the matter is that most of the poeple playing this game are NOT RPers. In fact some of my fleet mates don't even know crap about Star Trek they just like the game. Yes there is a group of you who are living out your Star Trek fantasy and think the game should be catered strictly to you. The same group that argued against any more ranks because they wanted to be captains and thought that everyone should be stuck at captains and all of us who wanted to advance in the ranks should be ignored because RPers wanted to be Picards or Kirks or whom ever.

The difference between my enjoyment in game and yours is that for you to enjoy the game you want peoples game play to be restricted to indulge your fantasy and immersion. YOU don't want the ship because it breaks YOUR immersion, RPers don't want people to advance pass captains because Their immersion is broke, RPers don't want Fed cloak because Their immersion is threatened. My enjoyment of the game makes no such restriction, MY philosophy is live and let live. I might not like some of the things in game and not all of it may make sense but SOME people like them so why should I rally against it simply because I don't.

So to me it seems far more "egotistic" to ask that things not be included in game simply because it will ruin my immersion than to allow people to get what they want and that the 1000+ people who voted for something be acknowledged.

Reply to this or not, it makes no difference to me I assure you it will not bother me one bit. I'm not trying to disrespect you, I'm just being honest but I don't know you and will probably never meet you so I really don't care what you think of me. You can perceive me as an egotist all you want because to be honest your opinion of me doesn't matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I love how it's an RPG and everyone hates RPers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
08-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
lol the nx, didnt even have shields, so no shield emmitters, no design that would easilly allow for them to be installed! no tractor beam equip either, just a tow cable with a magnetic grapple on the end hehe.
The Raptor didn't have a cloak.

Yet it does in this game.

The NX didn't have shields. But it probably will in this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135
08-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
There! Now that's a good point I had not thought of before. Thank you for something more well thought out then"you can't have that ship its old"
Not very well thought out. The KDF player who wrote that post, seems to completely forget where the Raptor comes from ...

Enterprise.

Pre-Cloak Klingon ship from Archer's era.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I just really don't want to see any more references to 'Enterprise'. Its tough, because personally, I ignore the show, because trying to fit it in with the rest of the series screws everything all to hell, so for the sake of my own personal canon, I just pretend it never happened.

So when people bring up anyting related to that abysmal excuse for a Star Trek series, I don't want any part of it.

However I will be first to say that if people want a ship (be it from the horrors of Enterprise or not) I think they should get to pilot it. Within reason of course, I don't want to see any Millenium Falcons docking at DS9 anytime soon...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
08-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
However I will be first to say that if people want a ship (be it from the horrors of Enterprise or not) I think they should get to pilot it. Within reason of course, I don't want to see any Millenium Falcons docking at DS9 anytime soon...
Based on the numerous dimensional episodes Star Trek has, it would entirely possible to meet a Millennium Falcon in Star Trek. Assuming that there are an infinite number of realities, then every science fiction story is true in some reality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Based on the numerous dimensional episodes Star Trek has, it would entirely possible to meet a Millennium Falcon in Star Trek. Assuming that there are an infinite number of realities, then every science fiction story is true in some reality.
Well then there you have it. That's exactly how we get an up to date and functional NX. Ziggy finally hooked things up right and Captain Archer made his final leap home! Oh boy!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 139
08-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I love how it's an RPG and everyone hates RPers.
welcome to the MMO part of it, sadly most people don't give a damn about RP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 AM.