Lt. Commander
See, now I loved the Enterprise J. I though it was a fantastic throw back to the Galaxy Class version

The Universe Class imho, would make a fantastic reward ship for those in the diplomatic Corps. For example those who hit Ambassador could acquire this ship - that way it will, for the most part, stay out of PvP or Episode maps as its purpose would be to mainly explore the Universe.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM
You know, I thought the size and ugly hideous appearance of those unhealthy maximum sized breasts in game were the death of reason.

A ship from a series despite its place in canon timeline, not so much. It's still duranium, not silicon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Maybe you should take my standpoint I have right now on the Excelsior. I don't like it, I don't want it, I curse everyone wasting developer time for it, but in the end someone out there does want it. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I should deprive someone else of their possible favorite ship. So if you don't like the J, don't use it. But know the J is just as out of place as the Excelsior, but it's a fanservice, like every upskirt shot in an anime. some people like it, some people rage with a <Insert religious book here> in hand foaming at the mouth. don't be the foamy mouth rager.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
You know, I thought the size and ugly hideous appearance of those unhealthy maximum sized breasts in game were the death of reason.
How did you know all my BOs had fake knockers?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyph27 View Post
Maybe you should take my standpoint I have right now on the Excelsior. I don't like it, I don't want it, I curse everyone wasting developer time for it, but in the end someone out there does want it. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I should deprive someone else of their possible favorite ship. So if you don't like the J, don't use it. But know the J is just as out of place as the Excelsior, but it's a fanservice, like every upskirt shot in an anime. some people like it, some people rage with a <Insert religious book here> in hand foaming at the mouth. don't be the foamy mouth rager.
See I'm not upset by people who want this thing in the game. I just don't want them breaking the game over some ship we only saw a blur shot of for a second on screen. If they were to put this thing in the game scaled down to the size of a star cruiser I don't have a problem with it I just think it's ugly and I won't be buying it.

Also I think it's far more out of place then an Excelsior, there is no reason to believe they would give up on a working hull design just because it is old, and no reason to think originals wouldn't still be in service. The T5 Excelsior is the refit from DS9. That's already pretty old there. The US airforce has 60 year old bombers still running missions, I would think in 400 years we could get a really long life span out of a star ship.

The Enterprise J on the other hand would be skipping over 4 flag ships for no reason. And the only excuse to put it in the game is because there is a quick screen shot of the thing. By that logic they should add the millenium falcon since ILM snuck one into the battle scene at the begining of First Contact.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
I do disagree. The people who complain about the J don't represent enough of the userbase to prevent it.
Well I think that remains to be seen.
Also considering where the enterprise J is from and how poorly ENT did, I would think there are more people playing the game who don't even know what the enterprise J is in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-24-2010, 07:28 AM
where did people come up with the size itís not in the show it is by far the ugliest ship I have ever seen. & i am all for not putting it in the game it does fit in the time line imo. but the size if its right it would look like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattnx1...n/photostream/ wtf so it not just ugly but it's super ugly?
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnx1701a View Post
where did people come up with the size itís not in the show it is by far the ugliest ship I have ever seen. & i am all for not putting it in the game it does fit in the time line imo. but the size if its right it would look like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattnx1...n/photostream/ wtf so it not just ugly but it's super ugly?
It looks better than the Jupiter. I am all for replacing the Jupiter with the Universe class.

Adding the Enterprise J is not the death of reason. I would like to argue the death of reason would be to ignore player wishes, but of course, that's impossible in STO. Player unfortunately have opposing wishes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
LOL- I actually thing the big breasts on a shelf for all to see is canon - at least all the shows and movies seemed fit on displaying them so, which is backed up by at least one actress from the show I talked to at a convention years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
2 miles long? Imagine when that thing enters Sol sector, all the little mirandas, Sabres, Defiants will get punted out of the way, or given the speed of its innertia from exiting warp it would most likely carry us past the Earth and moon

I have to say Cryptic seem to have a habit for adding "X of the week" crap to the game, I'd rather take one of their ugly designs that will atleast be of a decent size then the Enterprise J, In fact I'd rather stick forks in my eyes then see that outside ESD in every angle I rotate my camera