Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 NX Class Bridge/Interior
12-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Personally, I'd buy the NX Class replica in an instant if the bridge/interior was themed toward the interior of the NX on Enterprise.

I realize this is a big request, and much more important things should come first in development, but I think it would really complete the product experience for a lot of people. Maybe it's just me. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-19-2010, 08:39 AM
No, it's not just you. It's a good idea, I think if it was implemented then people might take to buying ships from the C-Store more.

Oh, and Cryptic, why don't you fix ol' Troi Costume while you're at it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Reminds me of the over 9000 TOS-Connie bridge threads...

If they ever do such a bridge it will likely be offered as a standalone bridge pack on the C-Store. That being said: Why not, more bridges is always a good thing. Though the list of what "should" get made is much, much longer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhooligin View Post
Personally, I'd buy the NX Class replica in an instant if the bridge/interior was themed toward the interior of the NX on Enterprise.

I realize this is a big request, and much more important things should come first in development, but I think it would really complete the product experience for a lot of people. Maybe it's just me. Thoughts?
Im with you here on this, I think more diversity is a great thing for this game. The more you have to offer, the more players we can share this game with. I personally think, if your gonna run a ship thats 2-3 hundred years old, obviously people are buying it for the sake of feeling like they are in that time period of ST so why not allow them to go further with interior designs that incompass that ships theme.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
I personally think, if your gonna run a ship thats 2-3 hundred years old, obviously people are buying it for the sake of feeling like they are in that time period of ST so why not allow them to go further with interior designs that incompass that ships theme.
Ditto.

That's my motivation for it, although I know it's not totally practical.

Some people are actually bothered by the uncannon-nes that the NX and the Constitution bring to the environment. Personally, I believe that the game is a celebration of all the series', and that it's important we let everyone enjoy their favorite aspects of the universe. (Yes, even us Enterprise nerds.)

I know that designing an entire newly-themed Bridge and/or Interior would take a lot of resources, and there are many things that need to be worked on first. But then again, a guy can dream, right?

Maybe sometime in the future we'll see UGC tools that let us create Bridges and Interiors?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd buy it. They need to have all the bridges from the shows. The Galaxy, Sovereign, and Intrepid bridges are all a little off. They need exact replica's.

TOS Connie
Bridge from movies 1,2 and 3
Enterprise in 6
Excelsior in 6
Enterprise-B in Generations
Enterprise-C in Yesterday's Enterprise
Exact replica from seasons 3-7 of TNG
Exact replica from Voyager
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhooligin View Post
Some people are actually bothered by the uncannon-nes that the NX and the Constitution bring to the environment.
Definitively. Myself amongst them. Yet, unlike the ships, the bridges do not get "forced" upon people who do not want to see them - so there is no reason why they should not be made available for their respective fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
They need exact replica's.
So true. Or, at least somewhat closer to the originals. With some bridges you can hardly see any similarities aside from "well, there are seats and it looks round".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
I'd buy it. They need to have all the bridges from the shows. The Galaxy, Sovereign, and Intrepid bridges are all a little off. They need exact replica's.
I have a feeling we'll start seeing much more content design when the game starts to look a little more like Stahl's vision. (We're getting there.) I'd hope for this coming Spring/Summer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
I'd buy it. They need to have all the bridges from the shows. The Galaxy, Sovereign, and Intrepid bridges are all a little off. They need exact replica's.

TOS Connie
Bridge from movies 1,2 and 3
Enterprise in 6
Excelsior in 6
Enterprise-B in Generations
Enterprise-C in Yesterday's Enterprise
Exact replica from seasons 3-7 of TNG
Exact replica from Voyager
I'd be happy with an ALMOST exact replica
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
I'd be happy with an ALMOST exact replica
I'd be quite happy with just having more of the bridge options look Something Like what we've seen in Trek so far. (Besides TNG)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 AM.