Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I strongly disliked her. But, at the same time there were times she was pivotal to the plot and even a few episodes where she did a very good job in her role.

Killing her would have killed Voyager via ratings nose-dive, but I actually agree with the logic behind what he had said.

oddly enough this:
Quote:
"This was a woman who knew she was neither here nor there. She couldn't go back to the Borg, nor would she want to, but she could never be fully human, so she was doomed. And I wanted to have her sacrifice herself to get her shipmates home."
Is a LOT like something I had planned with my Fan Fic before I realized I had like one reader, the lead was going to stay behind in the last ep. to buy her crew time while a timer counted back on an explosive device planted inside a Borg ship, having finally realized just what that quote says. (to my one reader, you know who you are, it wasn't the end-end)

Mind you I never read this article before. And yes, I realize none of you care, just saying it makes sense to me.

Oh, and on a side-note that episode was actually sad, most Voyager episodes didn't quite reach emotional levels, that one did (well, as much as it could) and had she died it really would sealed the deal for it, yet driven the knife into the show's heart. I still hate that Kess left, sure she had the acting skills of a baked potato but I'm a sucker for wayward telepaths *points at avatar*
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Seven should have died early in her appearance on Voy. She got the ship in more trouble then she was worth. Her self-rightous attiude could only be over shadowed by Picards. If Seven would have been killed, I would not have shed a single tear.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Meh. Seven. The only reason VOY was worth watching for most men.

I liked Voyager, well, some of it anyway. Some of it was far fetched, some compleely idiotic, and some of it...should be erased from history...permenantly....
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post

I liked Voyager, well, some of it anyway. Some of it was far fetched, some compleely idiotic, and some of it...should be erased from history...permenantly....
The Warp 10 ep for instance?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-25-2010, 05:33 AM
I think the real question is, What sane person would care?
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
The Warp 10 ep for instance?
That was good, until after the post-warp 10 flight.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I can understand his desire to make them sacrifice something to get home early. As it was, the only sacrifice was from a future that wouldn't happen. Like a get out of jail free card.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
It dawns on me they could have just as easily killed Icheb in that episode. He was something of an inconsequential character to begin with, well story wise anyways. If you look at the impact his death would have had on Seven and Janeway it'd be a pretty big impact on the crew. Considering he would haven died saving seven by giving up his Cortical Node it would have probably been the most heroism we ever saw in Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I never was a 7 of 9 fan....but I liked her way better then that Ocampa fool in the beginning.

However Braga....I am not a fan. I wish he'd never touched Trek....

He's up there with JJ in my book of Trek alum that should never have stepped foot onto a starship.
They were both well on their way to killing Star Trek altogether by this point. Well, they're both gone now- and not in STO at all.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post

Obviously you've never experienced "Spock's Brain" from TOS. What you say aboud Voyager and 7 of 9 can be said of every interation of Star Trek to make public viewing. Forget about the novels.