Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I don't think the ratings with Voyager were all that impressive anyway, especially once the "ogling" factor over 7 of 9 died down a little.

Let's face it, TNG was successful in part because it was a syndicated show (how many shows are syndicated during their run anymore ). That meant the networks couldn't tell Roddenberry or other Executive Producers how to run their show. If Roddenberry had lived up to Enterprise, I think he'd have never agreed to part of a network again, especially after his experience with NBC. And becoming part of a network is what I think helped kill Voyager and Enterprise (which, I'll admit, isn't the only reason).

It also turned the poor DS9 series into the red-headed step child of the Star Trek universe.

[/rant]
I think Voyager avreaged about 4 million viewers. That's not too bad though it could have been better. I blame two things for Voyagers somewhat low ratings, Brannon Braga written episodes and UPN.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltawen View Post
They were both well on their way to killing Star Trek altogether by this point. Well, they're both gone now- and not in STO at all.
Well, we haven't seen Seven in STO yet because Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use Jeri Ryan's likeness. Same reason we've seen virtually no one from the shows and movies (Data, Picard, Worf, etc.).

I liked Seven, Jeri Ryan was a competent enough actress that she was interesting to watch most of the time. Yeah, some of the episodes in Voyager sucked, but, as has been pointed out, all five shows had that. I'm just glad Braga's done and gone at this point.

And, because it seems relevant...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I really, really wish she had died. That it had been painful, slow and even played in CoD style slow-mo.

I. Hate. Seven.

Edit:

Huh, who knew I actually replied. I had assumed this was a new thread I hadn't touched, nor suggested she needed to live.

I got egg on my face now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
I am glad the idea to kill off Seven was changed. Can you picture Voyager withour her?

this is what was posted over at Syfy:

http://blastr.com/2010/08/brannon-braga-wanted-to-k.php
OMG why would anyone think doing that would have been ok!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Yup sure can. Would have been zero skin off my back too. Sadly I can imagine the ratings would have suffered somewhat without her.
Lol most people where watching Voyager b/c of 7 most likely lol