Lt. Commander
Long story short, I could train up from ensign to commander 20 new bridge officers, right this moment. (Only takes what, 9000 skillpoints?) Once you hit 51, the skillpoints you'd ordinarily get yourself don't just disappear, but instead get converted to BO skillpoints. While a nice gesture in and off itself, there's really no practical difference, when there isn't a use much less a need for so many bridge officer points.

So I'd suggest a new trainer make an appearance on Qo'noS and ESD. One that that at a cost measured in thousands of BO skillpoints, allows you to upgrade (or even replace?) racial traits. Effectively, those common BO's that have been with me since the start of my career to which I've formed an unnatural attachment that is an abomination unto the eyes of-well anyway, I don't have to kick them to the curb in favor of some rookie Saurian that came fresh from the gym with a healthy purple glow about it.

Experience's got to count for something, right? And it's not likely there's anything else the BO points are getting used for. Even if I did replace my entire crew today, I'd only drain about half the pool I've built up.

Also, purple dinosaurs, really?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2010, 06:51 PM
very good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I would rather they spent time adding actual content and fixing the countless bugs, since you can easily aquire bridge officers with any traits/skills you want (other than Efficient) from the Exchange. You can save the appearance of your old officers and load it on the new ones, give them the same names, and nobody will be the wiser.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 04:33 AM
If you can find the right race and gender with the exact skills you want, yes. That's not always easy, though, and this would 'solve' the issue with very rare BOs having useless traits like Superior Creativity. (They can't use kits, so what's the point?) Other people have noticed this as well, which might be why a disproportionate number of the very rare BOs on the exchange have that skill. They apparently don't sell.

As for time spent on this, I'm no programmer (never got beyond MU* code and not that good at that) but it seems to me that the code for this already exists in the BO ability merchant. It'd be a matter of simply duplicating it, hitting randomize on the physical appearance, and then replacing the abilities with traits and alter the currency type and amounts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
I would rather they spent time adding actual content and fixing the countless bugs, since you can easily aquire bridge officers with any traits/skills you want (other than Efficient) from the Exchange. You can save the appearance of your old officers and load it on the new ones, give them the same names, and nobody will be the wiser.
You could always support my suggestion and kill two birds with one stone. Just a thought.

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't really have an issue with acquiring extra BO skillpoints, but I would like to be able to upgrade the attributes of my officers. It seems odd to me that we should be encouraged to get rid of the officers that have been with us for a while for rookies. Personally, I think it should be MORE compelling to keep your old grizzled veteran officers than to replace them with shiny new purples. After all it stands to reason they would be more experienced and more loyal.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor63549
I don't really have an issue with acquiring extra BO skillpoints, but I would like to be able to upgrade the attributes of my officers. It seems odd to me that we should be encouraged to get rid of the officers that have been with us for a while for rookies. Personally, I think it should be MORE compelling to keep your old grizzled veteran officers than to replace them with shiny new purples. After all it stands to reason they would be more experienced and more loyal.
I think you have to approach issues like this from the point of view that there is a finite pool of development resources available and many other things they could be working on that will add more value to the game.

In other words, you are not being "encouraged to get rid of the officers that have been with you". Instead you are being forced to make due with a game which does not have every imaginable convenience feature that could be added with infinite resources.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-27-2010, 04:31 AM
I am fine with the BO skill points, but it should only be after to max out your Captains skill tree and then be able to unlock all LVL III abilities as a having a fully "cross trained" Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Works for me if they would allow it. My first thought about the points and merits is to be able to buy marks for gear but this is also a good application of said useless resources.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor63549
agreed, white boffs you got as lt that have been with oyu till admiral should gain veteran type status making them purple and extra effective.