Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I like the Vorcha -- Where is it going in a hurry? Obviously to go fetch the Gorn Screenshots. :p

I like the Debris field as well.

However, I am not really liking the Science Station. I like the buildings, but I am a little worried about the amount of 'alien plant-life' we are seeing. The plants seem 'too exotic' and from what I can recall, not really inline with the types of greens dressing we saw on the sets in the series. I think the plantlife needs to be reined in a little - just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I like the Vorcha -- Where is it going in a hurry? Obviously to go fetch the Gorn Screenshots. :p.
Maybe it's after the D' deridex pic that Craig mentioned on Twitter...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:

However, I am not really liking the Science Station. I like the buildings, but I am a little worried about the amount of 'alien plant-life' we are seeing. The plants seem 'too exotic' and from what I can recall, not really inline with the types of greens dressing we saw on the sets in the series. I think the plantlife needs to be reined in a little - just my opinion.
I actually love the look of them. I like to be made to feel that I'm in a unreal and fantastical setting when I'm experiencing an environment that's supposed to be unreal and fantastical.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Love the Vor'cha. Can't wait to see what some "customized" Klingon ships look like.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
The plants seem 'too exotic' and from what I can recall, not really inline with the types of greens dressing we saw on the sets in the series.

I think that was due to budget constraints, not the fact that alien plant life shouldn't look "odd" It'd be a bit strange to find out that all the vegetation on other worlds, is the same as you get in North America
Lt. Commander
# 16
green planet wins this bunch
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Looks good. Thanks Awen and Cryptic.

Now we just need some movies of dancing Gorn slave-girls and my life will be complete.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
It's soooooo pretty!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Awesome screens! Especialy the one with the plantlife in the Klingon colony gives a real inside.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
I think that was due to budget constraints, not the fact that alien plant life shouldn't look "odd" It'd be a bit strange to find out that all the vegetation on other worlds, is the same as you get in North America
It is not so much that it is too 'alien', but rather that it is too 'whimsical' -- like something you'd expect to see in 'Alice in Wonderland', rather than Star Trek. Maybe 'gaudy' is a better adjective.

I agree they should look different from earth, but not so different that it almost seems like a fairy tale (ie Giant Mushrooms, pumpkins, Vegetables, etc)

For the most part, I like the various landscapes we saw in the Series - budget constraints or not.

Another approach I hope they take into consideration is the lighting effect of different color stars. For example, the same screenshot should look different if the Solar body was Red, white, blue, etc.