very nice like it.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Hmm tasty Klingon ship. Very nice.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-09-2009, 05:18 AM
'Very intereting pictures-great detail of what we will find once ingame. I liked the second picture showing what looked like a battle with space junk floating around a planet.

That brings a question about that kind of space junk-is any of it salvagable? Could it be beamed on board your ship and used?

Live Long and Prosper
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Vor'cha!
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Love them there is only one problem with them........they make me want more!!!!! Thanks for the update
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Was sort of bummed to not see the Gorn screenshots Craig/Zinc teased about in the Dev Chat.

I am actually getting more interested in seeing how the Artwork is flowing in motion (aka video). Screenshots can be staged to look overly flattering.

I would like to see some more 'active' screenshots -- maybe like a 5 second snip of that Vorcha cruising through space, or a 5 second snip of the Klingon Sabatours setting explosives.

It is 2009. Shouldn't Media be a little more advanced than static screenshot format from 2000?

[ducks as web designer throws pen-mouse]
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Very nice

Though I'm getting more concerned my PC won't be up to these visuals, but if any game demands an upgrade, it's STO!
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
well there's one more ship in the books. The Vor'cha sort of had to be int he game though, way to iconic to leave out. And the planet with debris is also very interesting and raises some interesting questions abotu resourcing in the game. Still I'm with Lokeii I'd like some little mini videos maybe to accompany the ship of the line updates so we can see these ships in (all be it brief) action.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, picky picky picky. Seems like everyone is a critic. A comment was made stating that most of the Klingon vessels seem to all be standard issue. It's a safe bet that Klingon (or any other faction) ships will be customizable the same as the Feds. No doubt you'll be able to start off with a standard Bird of Prey or Vorcha and then be able to change the wing design, engine location ect. ect. Given time, I'm sure the devs will post a pic of their totally customized Klingon cruiser which will probably be so customized one will be hard pressed to guess what it was modelled off of to begin with. My bet is, the devs are holding back; giving us a taste of whats familar before they show us the radically crazy designs they dream up.

As for the planetary landscapes, here I think the devs took the exact opposite approach. Showing us some of the more exotic places rather than giving us the typical forrest. They've shown us some pretty cool landscapes; Hatoria (ice), a few interior shots, an almost fairytale like landscape with massive mushrooms, don't forget the Galaxy-class bridge shots in the trailer and there was a screenshot somewhere that showed a starfleet officer on a desert like planet with an overturned shuttlecraft somewhat hidden in the distance...my point is with all of the possible variations on planetary landscapes, vegetation, alien races, architechture and with what we've seen so far, I have complete faith in the devs ability to successfully reproduce a typical earth environment when the time comes.

Definately getting the game. And if I have to get a new computer after I buy the game just so I can play it, then so be it.